Under the Supervision of a licensed Pharmacist, assist in all areas of pharmacy including from medication purchasing, medication preparation, calculations, filling, distribution, aseptic techniques used when prepping IV fluids, Hyper Alimentation and Chemotherapy. Assist in the various activities of the pharmacy department. Assist in preparing and distributing medications, maintaining the drug inventory and maintenance of records. Performs in accordance with standard written procedures, guidelines and state and federal regulations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Prepare and Coordinate Technicians schedule assuring proper coverage for daily operations and also staffing and planning out of the ordinary projects.
2. Developing and maintaining Quality Assurance and maintenance of daily operations through daily logs and unit inspections.
3. Tracking Narcotic transactions in and out of the pharmacy every day by using reports that are generated the C'2 Safe and the Pyxis Main module.
4. Maintaining and tracking Payroll by using Kronos and procedures implemented by the Payroll Department.
5. Oversee all daily operations by using a daily planner which includes detailed job descriptions. This tool is also used to evaluate the performance of the technician at different areas of the pharmacy.