Providence is calling a Physical Therapist to the Providence Seward Medical Center in Seward, AK.
The Physical Therapist will develop, coordinate and maintain Physical Therapy services in collaboration with physicians, primary partners and patient/family.
In this position you will:
- Provide services to inpatients, outpatients and home health care clients and long term care residents.
- Collaborate with other team members to plan and provide important aspects of care, in compliance with hospital standards and guidelines established by the American Physical Therapy Association in conjunction with regulatory requirements of both federal and state agencies.
- Assess, plan, implement, and evaluate physical therapy under the prescription of a physician licensed in the state of Alaska.
- Contact vendors for durable medical equipment needs.
- Document evaluation, plan, care delivered and outcomes in accordance with medical center, long term care center and department standards.
- Provide patient, family and community education in a variety of physical settings.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's, Masters, or Doctorate degree in Physical Therapy.
- Current license to practice Physical Therapy in the State of Alaska.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required upon hire.
- Valid Alaska driver's license with current auto insurance and reliable transportation.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Experience and credentials in sub-specialty.
About the Physical Therapy Department in Seward
Serving Seward and the tourism/cruise ship industry, Providence Seward Medical Center is a collaborative effort between an Alaskan community and Providence Health System. In 1996, the City of Seward awarded Providence a long-term contract to manage and operate its municipally owned hospital and clinic. In addition to 24-hour emergency room services, the hospital provides inpatient care for needs that can be handled by the Seward primary care physician and physician assistant team, outpatient clinic services, physical therapy, diagnostic and home health care services.
Therapy services are provided for individuals who have been injured, are experiencing pain related functional limitations, have experienced sudden health changes or suffering from disease which causes struggles in daily activities or work. Therapists work as a team to assist individuals in achieving their highest level of mobility, strength and function, community integration, language and cognitive skills.
About the Providence Seward Medical and Care Center
Providence Seward Medical and Care Center is a 6-bed critical access hospital and 40-bed long term care facility providing quality health care to residents and visitors. Our team of physicians, nurses, and support staff deliver compassionate, quality care to all patients. We care for the patients ranging from infants to the elderly with services including, primary care, emergency, inpatient, swing bed, lab, radiology, therapies and nursing home care.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Physical Therapy
Req ID: 148637