Position supports the patient care mission and staff flexibility goal through maximization of cross-training effectiveness. The individual in this position is qualified to produce high quality radiographic images, hemodynamic monitoring, scrub assistant, emergency on-call, and patient transporter. Fulfills this responsibility in the provision of assigned direct and indirect quality patient care in accordance with the mission of CHRISTUS St. Frances Cabrini Hospital.
Action Oriented -- Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm.
Collaborate -- Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
Customer Focus -- Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
Nimble Learning -- Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
Demonstrates Self-Awareness -- Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
Communicates Effectively -- Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
Decision Quality -- Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
Responsible for proper operation and quality control on all radiologic equipment to
assure high quality diagnostic images provided to the physician and patient.
Performs daily quality control and safety checks on x-ray equipment.
Performs tube warm-up when indicated. Uses equip in a manner that ensures longevity.
Takes quality images and is current on proper skills for digital use.
Takes necessary measures to ensure proper identity and storage of images.
Ensures radiation safety, positioning to minimize exposure to patients / staff.
Takes the initiative to trouble-shoot when equipment fails.
2. Responsible for functioning in other Special Procedure roles.
* Assists with scrubbing duties when needed, ensuring sterility and safety to patient.
* Is competent with hemodynamic monitoring of patient.
* Assists with transporting patients, stocking supplies, etc.
* Consistently responds to emergency call within 30 minutes when indicated.
* Assists with extra duties i.e. QI, safety, education.
* Acts as preceptor, offering self as mentor to new employees.
3. Takes responsibility to perform duties according to hospital policy.
* Is familiar with and supportive of hospital policies.
* Reacts and adheres to memos concerning policy changes. Stays current on in-services for new equipment.
* Consistently wears radiation badge and is mindful of minimizing exposure to self.
* Consistently wears hat/mask when procedure tables are open.
* Uses proper procedure prep with betadine scrub shaving sufficient area to prevent infection as well as avoiding elastikon take over hair.
4. Acts as a patient educator, prior, during, and after procedure to answer patient questions, provide reassurance, and address concerns.
* Introduces self to patient and begins explaining procedure offering reassurance to patient and addressing concerns.
* Communicates with patient during procedure.
Reinforces post-op instructions after procedure.
Must be able to prioritize workflow on a daily basis. Must be able to communicate effectively in written and spoken form with individuals of various education levels including physicians. Ability to interpret medical terminology and possess an understanding of human anatomy and physiology
CHRISTUS HEALTH is an international Catholic, faith-based, not-for-profit health system comprised of almost more than 600 services and facilities, including more than 60 hospitals and long-term care facilities, 350 clinics and outpatient centers, and dozens of other health ministries and ventures. CHRISTUS operates in 6 U.S. states, Colombia, Chile and 6 states in Mexico. To support our health care ministry, CHRISTUS Health employs approximately 45,000 Associates and has more than 15,000 physicians on medical staffs who provide care and support for patients. CHRISTUS Health is listed among the top ten largest Catholic health systems in the United States.