This position is responsible for providing professional business management and financial administration of a physician practice. Must demonstrate an extensive working knowledge of and familiarity with all applications associated with managing a health care center. Responsible for daily management of one physician practice usually consisting of 1-2 providers and up to 4-6 FTEs
1. Helps establish/implement goals, objectives, policies, procedures and systems for the assigned administrative areas.
2. Assists with developing and implementing annual operational plan and budget.
3. Selects, trains, orients and supervises clinic personnel in accordance with established MSO policies and procedures. Responsible for work assignment and daily operations. Manages personnel for the practices, including training relief employees.
4. Evaluates performance and recommends merit increases, promotions and disciplinary actions in a timely manner. Interviews and recommends hiring and termination of staff in accordance with approved policies.
5. Resolves problems in administrative areas and ensures compliance with regulations and standards.
6. Helps fiscal management and other administrative staff in implementing cost effective policies and procedures for all operational areas including bookkeeping, billing, insurance, fee schedules, credit/collections, purchasing, data processing and space planning.
7. Works in conjunction with Regional Director and corporate Marketing Department in practice development.
8. Ensures the effective implementation of job descriptions, personnel policies and payroll practices.
9. Monitors and controls clinic expenditures within budget. Identifies and implements cost reduction opportunities.
10. Serves as liaison between clinic and external agencies.
11. Works with staff and providers to ensure quality patient care and services are provided. Maintains effective communication with providers and staff; conducts monthly and educational meetings with providers and staff. Creates a positive work place.
12. Gathers and reports monthly and annual data for fiscal, statistical and planning purposes. Develops and implements revenue enhancement strategies for existing practices.
13. Participates in professional development activities to keep current with health care trends and practices.
14. Responsible for assuring all appropriate licensure, certifications and/or accreditations are secured according to policy.
15. Follows the CHRISTUS Physician Group guidelines related to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), designed to prevent or detect unauthorized disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI).
16. Maintains strict confidentiality.
17. Uses oral and written communication skills to effectively convey ideas in a clear, positive manner that is consistent with the CHRISTUS Mission.
18. Maintains established CHRISTUS Physician Group policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance, safety, environmental and infection control.
19. Implements job responsibilities in a manner that is consistent with the CHRISTUS Mission and Code of Ethics and supportive of CHRISTUS Physician Group's cultural diversity objectives.
20. Supports and adheres to CPG Service Guarantee.
21. Collaborates effectively with physicians, administrators, patients, families, other departments, and the community to provide quality patient care and enhance patient outcomes.
22. Ensures assessment of competency of all associates is completed as a part of the orientation program and on an ongoing basis.
23. Identifies plans, develops and/or arranges for programs to meet the educational/skills needs of the associates upon hiring and on an ongoing basis.
24. On an annual basis, contributes to the development of operating and capital budgets to meet the needs of the clinics.
25. Reviews financial and productivity management reports and takes appropriate actions.
26. Evaluate clinic production and revises procedures or devises new forms to improve efficiency of workflow.
27. Supervises the clinical and non-clinical areas to ensure timely and efficient management.
28. Coordinates with Providers as needed to ensure projects and assignments are coordinated as necessary by the Administrativestaff.
29. Demonstrates adherence to the Mission and CORE values of the CHRISTUS Health System.
30. Performs other related work as required.
Associates degree in Business Administration or related field required is required. Bachelor's degree is preferred. 5 years of management experience as a substitute in lieu of education. 1-4 years of experience in a supervisory position within a medical practice. CMOM is highly preferred
Demonstrated leadership skills (decision making, problem solving, delegation, prioritizing) and supervisory experience is required. Competent in health care administration, clinic philosophy and policies and operating procedures is required. Demonstrated leadership skills (decision making, problem solving, delegation, prioritizing) and supervisory experience is required. Effective communication and prioritization of provider issues. Competent in financial reimbursement, billing and collections, CPT, ICD9 and HCPCS coding and medical group operations, as well as managed care concepts. Ability to recognize and communicate variances in key practice indicators. Must be computer literate and have strong organizational skills
CHRISTUS HEALTH is an international Catholic, faith-based, not-for-profit health system comprised of almost more than 600 services and facilities, including more than 60 hospitals and long-term care facilities, 350 clinics and outpatient centers, and dozens of other health ministries and ventures. CHRISTUS operates in 6 U.S. states, Colombia, Chile and 6 states in Mexico. To support our health care ministry, CHRISTUS Health employs approximately 45,000 Associates and has more than 15,000 physicians on medical staffs who provide care and support for patients. CHRISTUS Health is listed among the top ten largest Catholic health systems in the United States.