The Medical Laboratory Scientist is responsible for specimen processing, analysis, and releasing patient results. The individual performs waived, moderate and/or high complexity tests that are authorized by the laboratory director and require a degree of skill commensurate with the individual’s education, training or experience, and technical abilities.
1. Follow the laboratory's procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analyses, reporting and maintaining records of patient test results;
2. Maintain records that demonstrate that proficiency testing samples are tested in the same manner as patient specimens;
3. Adhere to the laboratory's quality control policies, document all quality control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations and maintenance performed;
4. Follow the laboratory's established policies and procedures whenever test systems are not within the laboratory's established acceptable levels of performance;
5. Identify problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results and either must correct the problems or immediately notify the department supervisors, QA manager, chief technologist, laboratory manager, clinical consultant, or laboratory director;
6. Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory's established performance specifications.
Bachelor's degree in medical technology, clinical laboratory, chemical, physical, or biological science
ASCP certification as a Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) or Chemist (C)
Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Excellent troubleshooting and organizational skills
Authorized to work in the U.S.
Hawaii Medical Technologist, Chemist, or Toxicologist license
1-2 years experience in a clinical laboratory setting
Liquid Chromatography Mass Spectrometry (LCMS) background
Employer will assist with relocation costs.
Internal Number: OHL-01
About Ohana Laboratories
Ohana Laboratories is a high-complexity testing laboratory located in Honolulu, HI. We offer cytogenetics, toxicology, and infectious disease management tests. We are committed to provide quality and efficient laboratory testing using the most advanced technology available.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, ancestry, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.