The future is full of possibilities. At Banner Health, we're excited about what the future holds for health care. That's why we're changing the industry to make the experience the best it can be. Our team has come together with the common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. The future of health care starts here. If you're ready to change lives, we want to hear from you. Apply today.
The Senior Research Regulatory Affairs Associate provides regulatory support to physician and clinical investigators or research administration and the Institutional Review Board (IRB) involved in the conduct or approval of conduct of investigational drug and device clinical research projects within the division. Provides daily operational coordination for regulatory aspects of all sponsored, grant funded and investigator initiated research administered by the division. Serves as a professional resource for regulatory information, handles the submission of regulatory documents; maintains site source documents.
Regulatory staff ensures coordination of research activities with clinical research nurses, research managers, Institutional Review Board Chair(s) and members and other internal stakeholders.
All clinical research studies have a myriad of regulatory documents and required submissions.
Experience innovative technology and exceptional opportunities for growth and development at Banner Health's state-of-the-art hospital Banner Gateway Medical Center. With comprehensive electronic medical records, physician order entry, digital radiography and proprietary advanced patient monitoring, Banner Gateway provides you with the innovative resources you need to provide your patients with the best care possible. Our commitment to nursing excellence has enabled us to achieve Magnet(tm) recognition by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Located near Phoenix in Gilbert, Ariz., Banner Gateway Medical Center offers 176 private rooms, eight operating suites, a 37-bed emergency department and shares a campus with the Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center. Key specialties include oncology, obstetrics, bariatric surgery, emergency and other services that focus on meeting the changing needs of the dynamic and growing community we serve. About Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center Located in Gilbert, Ariz. (the Phoenix Metro area) on the Banner Gateway Campus, the center provides world-class care for oncology patients - both inpatient and outpatient - and has also brought leading oncology programs to the Banner Gateway campus including Stem Cell Transplantation and comprehensive Head & Neck cancer care. Our capabilities include five linear accelerator vaults, a brachytherapy vault, an advanced diagnostic imaging suite with PET/CT scan, more than 50 infusion bays, a cryopreservation lab and much more. Our inpatient medical oncology unit also incorporates a program that utilizes the electronic surveillance partnership in caring for the patient, where remote nurses have the ability to interact with patients via two way audio-video to assist the bedside nurse with patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is expected to demonstrate a high degree of personal and professional competency, critical thought processes, and leadership with minimal guidance. Coordinates the regulatory support to physicians and clinical investigators involved in the conduct or approval of clinical research projects at the investigative site. Provides direction for the daily operational coordination for all regulatory aspects of sponsored, grant-funded and/or investigator-initiated research projects. Serves as the professional resource for regulatory information, handles the submission of regulatory documents; maintains site source documents. Leads coordination of research activities with sponsors, clinical research organizations (CROs) clinical research staff, institutional review boards (IRBs) and other internal stakeholders.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Prepare and submit research applications and perform regulatory study start up activities, edit informed consents and other related documents, assist Principal Investigators (PIs) with protocol and study-related document development, provide ongoing continuation reports to the IRB which include adverse event reporting, study amendment reporting and coordination of submissions to respective IRBs.
2. Develop and maintain all the site's study and regulatory documents including study amendments, recruiting material, continual reviews and safety reports per sponsor, participating institutions, Good Clinical Practice (GCP), FDA and other applicable federal, state and local regulatory agency regulations, policies and procedures, and/or guidelines.
3. Act as site's regulatory point-person to provide information to the PI, Research Director or Clinical Trial Senior Manager, and study-specific staff regarding IRB submissions and approvals of study-related documents. Maintain protocol status updates for pending and active projects. Participate in departmental meetings, conferences, and educational events.
4. Interact with sponsors and CROs, providing requested regulatory documents throughout the life of a study. Participate in site initiation visits for review of site regulatory binders, and during sponsor site monitoring and audit visits. Serve as the liaison and expert regulatory representative and professional resource for any site-specific projects. Interact with sponsors, participating research institutions, CROs, regulatory agencies, and involved institutional departments on behalf of the PI or the IRB.
5. Coordinate daily operational activities consistent with the needs of research staff or the IRB to ensure timely submission of all regulatory documents and requests of sponsors. Distribute regulatory work load among Regulatory Affairs Coordinators I to efficiently accomplish regulatory efforts.
6. Maintain up-to-date knowledge on federal, state, and local research regulatory requirements. Train research staff in regulatory matters. Demonstrate support of regulatory compliance through the creation of training documents and standard operating procedures (SOPS). Provide training of research staff to assure compliance with study protocols; federal, state, sponsor, and local rules, regulations, statutes and policies.
7. Serve as designated regulatory point-person for audits performed by regulatory agencies (i.e., OHRP, ORI, and FDA). Engage in core measures of customer service. Exhibit professional standards to ensure human subjects protection in the conduct of clinical research.
8. Perform other administrative duties as required to support the Regulatory Affairs Coordinator (RAC) Manager, RAC Senior Manager, or the site's RD or CTSM. Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements; as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
9. This position provides regulatory oversight, organization and coordination of research involving all physicians and clinicians and involved departments within the assigned site. The primary site will be identified and the candidate will coordinate the regulatory requirements for daily operations
Requires a Bachelor's degree in business, healthcare administration or science related field or at least five (5) years of substantial and ongoing professional experience working in the research regulatory environment. In addition, an equivalent combination of education and experience may be allowed.
Must have Professional designations such as Certified Clinical Research Professional (CCRP(r)), or Certified Clinical Research Coordinator (CCRC(r)). A qualified candidate may be hired without current certification, but will be required to obtain such certification within the first 2 years of employment.
Must possess significant knowledge and understanding of the applicable regulatory requirements, as well as the commonly accepted concepts, practices and procedures within the research regulatory arena. In addition, must be able to use them in varied situations. Ability to plan, organize, set priorities, and work in a fastpaced environment and handle multiple projects. Demonstrated capacity to problem solve, think critically and creatively, and provide assistance through a consultative role. Interpersonal skills necessary to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
Computer proficiency including, but not limited to: operational knowledge of Microsoft Office computer applications (such as MS Word, Outlook, Excel), ability to locate and synthesize information on the internet, experience working with electronic databases (such as iRIS, IRBNet, Click(r)).
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R21656
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.