The Clinical Molecular Technologist performs high complexity clinical molecular assays in a fast-paced laboratory setting utilizing molecular knowledge/skills gained through clinical molecular experience, training and formal education. This role will develop, validate and implement high complexity molecular assays to improve transplant outcomes and further the advancement of personalized medicine as well as promote and maintain regulatory compliance through all phases of validation, testing, QA and QC.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE - Perform high complexity molecular testing of clinical samples utilizing multiple NGS platforms and applications, molecular testing utilizing PCR, RT-PCR, nucleic acid purification and molecular testing in compliance with departmental procedures, protocols and regulatory standards.
- Provide quality assurance and control as related to all molecular procedures implemented and performed by the laboratory.
- Conduct instrument evaluation, maintenance, calibration and troubleshoot nonconforming data, assay performance and instrument function.
- Perform critical analysis, interpretation and accurate reporting of results.
- Educate and train laboratory staff in molecular techniques and assays.
BENEFITS Our competitive benefits package includes the following - Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits - 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5% - Tuition Reimbursement - PTO accrual beginning Day 1 Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
SIGN ON BONUS $3,000.00 New Hires Only
- LOCATION - BUMC Downtown Dallas, TX Transplant Immunology - EDUCATION - Bachelor's - EXPERIENCE - A minimum of 2 years experience required
- PREFERRED EXPERIENCE - 2 years of experience in a Clinical Molecular Biology Laboratory MB ASCP
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nation’s exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, it’s accepting a calling!