Medical imaging plays a pivotal role in the delivery of excellent patient care at Banner Health. From detection and diagnosis to the treatment of illnesses and abnormalities, Banner Health's varied medical imaging and radiology services help physicians establish and execute individualized treatment plans.
Banner Imaging is currently looking for an MRI technologist who is highly motivated to join our dedicated and knowledgeable team. You will have the opportunity to work at different locations, continually learning, and working with some of the best staff within Banner Imaging. Extensive training will be provided along with a strong support system throughout the department for any questions regarding protocols, image quality issues or other concerns.
As an MRI technologist you will become part of a strong growing team within Banner Imaging. We are a high volume, successful outpatient company requiring dedication and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks. There will be many opportunities to learn advanced studies in the outpatient setting. Banner Imaging is at the forefront of providing the latest MRI BioMatrix technology which embraces human nature and the unique set of challenges that each patient brings to the MRI table. We will focus on these challenges by providing fewer rescans and the highest quality imaging which will help us achieve our goals by providing the best care for our patients.
We do offer flexible scheduling where you could possibly work Monday - Saturday, working 3-13 hour shifts or 4-10's with flexible start times, 3 to 4 days a week , leaving more time for yourself and your family. You may FLOAT as an MRI technologist, you could travel to the following: Chandler - 6:30am -5:00pm; Country Club - 7:30am-4:00pm; East Mesa - 6:30am-8:00pm; Gilbert - 6:30am-8:00pm; and Tempe -6:30am-8:00pm
Enjoy an 18% night shift differential and a flat rate $3/hour weekend shift differential when applicable.
***$3,000 for an experienced MRI Technologist , must have 12 months of MRI experience and must sign a 12-month agreement to stay at Banner Health. If the employee accepts the agreement and separates from Banner prior to 12 months, the employee will be responsible for repayment.
Medical imaging plays a pivotal role in the delivery of excellent patient care at Banner Health. From detection and diagnosis to the treatment of illnesses and abnormalities, Banner Health's varied medical imaging and radiology services help physicians establish and execute individualized treatment plans. Medical Imaging professionals also enjoy access to: - State-of-the art technology - The latest in Picture Archival Communication System (PACS) technology - Relocation assistance - Tuition reimbursement - Continuing education programs - Career growth and promotion opportunities - Travel medical imaging technologist positions.
POSITION SUMMARY This position performs prescribed procedures in accordance with department/facility policies, procedures and protocols. This position ensures optimal care/treatment to patient population.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Performs procedures by following and verifying referring providers' orders. Uses independent judgment and applies learned methodologies according to established policy and procedures.
2. Educates patients/families regarding procedure and/or treatment to be performed. Demonstrates professional behavior/conduct in all interactions; fosters teamwork, efficient use of resources and quality patient outcomes.
3. Produces high quality images and prepares/presents them with other pertinent patient information for timely interpretation. Prepares and maintains accurate documentation.
4. Demonstrates competence in performing prescribed invasive/interventional procedures if applicable in accordance with established policies if applicable.
5. Performs and evaluates equipment quality control measurements. Demonstrates the ability to trouble shoot and notifies appropriate personnel to maintain equipment performance. Maintains a safe environment for patients, personnel, and visitors. Adheres to safety policies.
6. Accountable for the ethical, legal, and professional responsibilities related to the radiology practice. This includes maintaining confidentiality of all work information.
7. Assures the efficient operation of workflow of the department. Monitors and maintains an adequate inventory of supplies and material to ensure non-interruption of services.
8. Independently performs prescribed procedures in accordance with department/facility policies, procedures and protocols to patients. Internal customers: All levels of medical imaging and nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary health care team. External Customers: regulatory and health agencies, patients and family members.
Requires national certification from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT), Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board. (NMTCB) or American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) and licensure by the state regulatory agency as applicable. Advance certification by accrediting body in MRI required within 18 months of hire. BLS certification required.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.