Driving distance to Gainesville, St. Augustine, Orlando, Tampa, Sarasota
Part of the community since 1898, providing healthcare to Marion County for over 120 years
Florida Hospital Ocala offers a broad spectrum of services, with programs that are nationally recognized and accredited
Spectacular springs throughout the county
Work Hours/Shift: Full Time
In support of AdventHealth Ocala’s vision to achieve top decile performance clinically and create centers of excellence for neurosciences and orthopedic care, the Executive Director provides oversight of the clinical and strategic development and operations of the Neurosciences and Orthopedic Strategic Business. The leader demonstrates a high degree of integrity, collaboration, and delivery of outstanding customer service that accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all. Adheres to AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state, and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Oversees business development, competitive strategies and marketing. Responsible for collaborating with others for program accreditation. Develops relationships with key customers: campus leaders, affiliates, physicians and community groups, and operational success at the facility. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
Understands and improves the end-to-end processes for neurosciences and orthopedic patients across all segments of care, inpatient, emergency department, and outpatient services. Develops centers of excellence for Orthopedic and Neuroscience care.
• Transforms culture through engaging the team to deliver an exceptional patient experience, improving clinical delivery, creating effective physician partnerships to grow and fully develop services. Key areas of focus include identification and resolution of important operational and/or clinical service delivery concerns, especially those that cross multiple departments and service areas, oversight of all aspects of the programs including business development and execution of operational and strategic plans to support the growth and development of the neurosciences and orthopedic service lines.
• Responsible for the results associated with employee engagement, patient experience, clinical delivery, physician satisfaction and engagement and market/financial performance. Develops, maintains, and evaluates expansion of the Neuroscience and Orthopedic Strategic Business Unit including all aspects and segments of care. Responsible for the results of the service lines including employee engagement, patient experience, clinical delivery and turnaround times, physician satisfaction and engagement, market and financial results (including clinical registry results).
• Responsible for leadership and collaboration with neurosciences and orthopedic medical directors and leaders to identify annual accountabilities, goals and objectives for the programs. Monitors, plans and executes initiatives relative to facility, technology and staff needs for the program based on current and future demand.
• Through collaboration with medical staff and clinicians ensures an integrated, innovative approach to develop an integrated, evidence-based process of care; coordinating resources to ensure effective management of patients between and among inpatient, outpatient, emergency and diagnostic settings.
• Develops, implements, and evaluates the disease-specific programs or centers to meet volume, profitability, quality, and service standards to ultimately drive value across the cardiac continuum of care. Leads region-wide initiatives to achieve improvements in clinical care processes, team engagement, patient experience, volume and financial performance. Provides leadership to the development and management of disease-specific programs and needs on all hospital campuses, as needed.
In conjunction with senior leadership, evaluates and selects directors that can collaborate with other physicians to achieve clinical results. Responsible for development and execution of all physician related contracts, in accordance with senior leadership and corporate compliance.
REQUIRED: • Master’s degree in business, health administration, or healthcare-related area or • Equivalent combination of education and experience, such as Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline and 5-7 years healthcare management experience • Successful project management experience • Extensive experience facilitating and managing challenging situations, including conflict resolution and demonstration of outstanding interpersonal skills • Experience in facilitating high-level multidisciplinary group decisions
PREFERRED: • Master’s degree in Business Administration, Health Services Administration • Program administration or development experience • Financial management experience • Experience in neurosciences and orthopedic service lines. • Experience with regulatory and professional bodies.
REQUIRED: • Maintains licensure of background degree (i.e. nursing)
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.