GENERAL SUMMARY: Under general supervision of the Ultrasound Coordinator, performs noninvasive ultrasound testing using high frequency ultrasound equipment designed to image organs, masses, and fluid accumulations within the body; selects, photographs, and develops images displayed; and assists Radiologists in the diagnostic interpretation for adult and adolescent patients. Performs related clerical and service duties. Ensures quality and safe delivery of care to patients of all ages.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Obtains and reviews patient's clinical history and related patient's test reports. Obtains pertinent medical history while preparing patient for exam. Instructs patient about exam procedure and equipment.
2. Performs ultrasound testing differentiating normal anatomy from abnormal. Assists Radiologist in invasive procedure if necessary. Develops films and presents them to the Radiologist with the film jacket. Performs portable exams when necessary.
3. Assists in the training of students rotating through the department. Stays current with new developments in the field.
4. Performs routine maintenance of ultrasound equipment, conducts quality control tests, and informs supervisor of any repair needs. Also, maintains ultrasound office and test area in good and appropriate order and checks supply inventory routinely.
5. Performs related clerical duties, i.e., scheduling patients, preparing requisitions, filing and retrieving sonography reports, entering patient information, logging scan interpretation, etc.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
1. The level of knowledge equivalent to that ordinarily acquired through completion of an Associate's Degree in ultrasound technology, including course work in anatomy and physiology.
2. Registered or registry eligible by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers with at least one year's experience.
3. BLS certification through the American Heart Association required.
Primary Location: Worcester, Massachusetts
Facility: Saint Vincent Hospital
Job Type: PT2Y
Shift Type: Rotate
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.