Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org .
To treat every child as we would our own
To treat others as they would like to be treated
To turn no child away for any reason
Prior to the start date, full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
PRN, Shift Varies, includes Weekend and Holiday Rotation
Summary: The Ultrasonographer is responsible for the scheduling, performance, and quality of ultrasound examinations.
Responsibilities: 1. Performs all Ultrasound procedures to capture images of the internal organs and tissues for the diagnosis and treatment of medical problems according to protocol and age specific needs.
2. Responsible for the scheduling, performance, and quality of ultrasound examinations.
3. Communications with physicians, offices, nursing units, radiologists, and other employees are essential to the efficient daily operation of the department.
4. Clerical duties in hospital computer systems associated to department.
5. Rotates call in the Ultrasound department as needed. Provides coverage to other Radiology positions in the department as needed as needed.
6. Follows all QA/QC guidelines for all equipment.
7. Other duties as required.
Technical Expertise 1. Experience in ultrasonography is required.
2. Experience working with all levels within an organization is required.
3. Experience in healthcare is preferred.
4. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required. Epic software or similar EMR software is required.
Education and Experience 1. Education: Graduate of an accredited school of Ultrasonography is required.
2. Certification: Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer [RDMS] is required. Registry eligible within in two years of hire to obtain Ultrasound registration in Abdomen, Physics and Pediatric required BLS certification is required.
3. Years of relevant experience: 2 years is preferred.
4. Years of experience supervising: None.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: