DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital is DMCâ��s largest hospital, offering a comprehensive heart center, cancer care, gerontology, emergency medicine, obstetrics/gynecology and cosmetic services. Sinai-Graceâ��s joint replacement program features a revolutionary minimally invasive knee and hip replacement surgery that attracts patients from all over the country. Sinai-Grace operates more than 21 outpatient care sites and ambulatory surgery centers throughout Wayne and Oakland Counties and is one of 10 hospitals in the nation to be awarded a Robert Wood Johnson Foundation grant to help set the standards of cardiac care for hospitals and physicians throughout the nation.
Under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures, functions as a lead or resource person for personnel involved in Radiologic Procedures, in addition to performing Radiologic Technologist duties as required.
â�¢ Coordinates the flow of work, delegates, oversees and guides staff in carrying out their respective duties .
â�¢ Follows up on activities of Radiologic Technologists or assigned personnel, resolves routine and complex problems and ensures that department is operating in a safe and efficient manner.
â�¢ Monitors the quantity and quality of work flow to ensure work is completed.
â�¢ Ensures that prescribed diagnostic procedures are performed according to department standards.
â�¢ Recommends personnel actions by providing input for performance appraisals, hiring decisions and progressive disciplines up to termination of employment.
â�¢ Assists with monitoring performance improvement plans.
â�¢ Has the responsibility for scheduling of and timekeeping for radiologic technologists.
â�¢ Able to take call/standby as required by the department.
â�¢ Monitors activities for and ensures compliance with laws, government regulations, JC requirements and DMC policies.
â�¢ As directed, implements external and internal audit recommendations.
1. Registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) in Radiography (R).
2. Required to have or successfully complete American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support - Healthcare Provider (BLS) training by end of orientation period.
3. Two years progressively more responsible Radiologic work experience.
Skills Required Basic Skills:
1. Analytical and clinical skills necessary to determine the most age appropriate method of providing requested radiographs specific to patient's physical ability and/or limitations.
2. Interpersonal and communication skills necessary to deal effectively with and instruct patients who may be under physical/emotional stress; ability to comprehend and follow physicians verbal and written request and prescriptions; ability to work effectively in a culturally diverse atmosphere with a variety of hospital personnel and/or patients.
3. Technical knowledge necessary to operate equipment including but not limited to all specialized equipment and computers.
4. Ability to work productively and effectively within a complex environment, handle multiple/changing priorities.
5. Physical stamina for frequent walking, standing, lifting and positioning of patients. Physical ability to stand, bend, push, pull, reach and lift in order to provide patient care.
6. Manual dexterity and visual acuity to operate and utilize all types of imaging equipment and supplies in order to produce images of acceptable diagnostic quality.
Additional core skills that are required:
1. Gather and interpret data, to identify discrepancies, problems or issues, to obtain advice when precedents are unclear or unavailable and to determine methods for ensuring compliance with departmental policies and procedures.
2. Use appropriate discretion in communication and provide conflict resolution when necessary within the department. Diplomacy, tact and listening skills are required.
3. Leadership skills including demonstrated willingness to pursue leadership roles with increasing levels of accountability, comfort with decision-making responsibilities, coaching, teaching and counseling skills, and the ability to inspire and build confidence in others and to forge alliances and garner support.
Job: Imaging and Radiology
Primary Location: Detroit, Michigan
Facility: DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Evening
If Other Shift, Specify: 230p-11p
Shift Begin: 2:30 PMShift End: 11:00 PM
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.