All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Mental Health Resources and Support
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Location: AdventHealth Lake Wales-410 SOUTH 11TH STREET, LAKE WALES, 33853
The community you’ll be caring for:
AdventHealth Lake Wales is a licensed 160-bed hospital, with 24-hour emergency care and outpatient services including imaging, rehab, lab and wound care, that has been serving the community and surrounding areas.
As a part of the AdventHealth network patients will have greater access to a wide range of innovative therapies, new research, leading-edge technology and an extensive team of medical specialists.
Lake Wales is located in Central Florida in between Orlando and Tampa, and is home to the Historic Bok Tower Gardens and Bird Sanctuary.
Surrounded by golf courses, beautiful lakes, and outdoor adventures
The facility is just 20 minutes away from LEGOLAND Florida
Faith-based work environment
A historic community with a hometown family feel; voted “friendliest small town in FL”
The role you’ll contribute:
The Respiratory Therapist is responsible for provision/supervision of respiratory clinical care responsibilities to age specific groups. Respiratory Care processes include assessing, planning, implementing, delivering, and evaluating the treatment, care, and patient needs to achieve goals. Adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state, and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Respiratory Therapists at AdventHealth Orlando:
• Are an integral part of the multi-disciplinary front-line patient care team in all areas of the hospital and work at the top of their license and Scope of Practice
• Initiate, operate, manage, and discontinue pulmonary life support equipment
• Work to reduce patient mortality/ICU length of stay through use of clinical and critical thinking skills.
• Through patient evaluation, guided by protocols and prescriber care plans, modify the plan of care, up todiscontinuation of service for:
o Patients receiving ventilatory life support and oxygen therapy
o Patients receiving aerosolized medications, bronchial hygiene therapy, and lung expansion therapy
• Manage the utilization of inhaled medical gasses including heliox and oxygen
The value you’ll bring to the team:
• Demonstrates, through behavior, AdventHealth Orlando’s service standards.
• Assesses and makes appropriate decisions and interventions according to patient evaluation / needs. Sets patient goals, assisting in the development of a plan of care along with the multidisciplinary team. Evaluates / interpret diagnostic data including but not limited to lab results and monitoring data. Communicates effectively with the multi-disciplinary team.
• Satisfactorily completes department orientation, airway management certification (campus specific), critical care training program, Infant/ Pediatric Emergency training program (campus specific) and is proficient at all applicable procedures defined below.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
Associate degree in Respiratory Therapy or Cardiopulmonary Science
Active and Current Florida State License as a Registered Respiratory Therapist
Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.