JOB SUMMARY: The Mammographer performs diagnostic mammographic procedures in accordance with established departmental policies and procedures to ensure the best possible patient care services are delivered.
1.Performs all mammographic procedures and views according to established department protocolsa.Performs all tasks associated with the proper execution of mammographic examination in accordance with the established department and hospital policies and proceduresb.Performs appropriate volume of procedures according to patient load by shiftc.Reviews exposed radiographs for proper positioning, techniques, and labeling (patient identification, date, and markers)d.Completes all documentation forms as required by department (completes incident forms and risk management forms in timely manner) e.Ensures that the images are delivered to viewing areas, film file room, or PACS system in a timely fashion
f.Performs necessary cleaning of room, cassettes, and equipment and restocks work areag.Demonstrates correct and adequate anatomic positioning skills as well as complete working knowledge of radiographic equipment within assigned areah.Participates in all quality control and quality assurance initiativesi.Accepts assignments from supervisor in a positive manner; recognizes and performs duties that need to be accomplished although not routinej.Provides radiation protection to patient, staff, and self-according to prescribed safety standards by wearing and maintaining dosimeter badge in a proper fashion and demonstrate knowledge of and compliance to radiation safety practices
2.Demonstrates competency in performing all procedures, age range from adult to geriatrica.Demonstrates capability of explaining procedures to patient, considers patient's comfort during procedure, understands emotional response when procedure is completedb.Assists to identify patient and family learning needs and provides pertinent information regarding the procedure that is appropriate for age and level of learning to the patient and significant otherc.Provides verbal education regarding procedure performed that is appropriate for age and level of learning to the patient/significant other3.Performs all assigned RIS transactions to ensure that accurate patient and procedure information is recorded in a timely fashion for the patient medical record and billing purposes
4.Performs visual maintenance checks on all equipment used and reports all malfunctions to appropriate personnela.Performs quality assurance procedures as directedb.Provides clear concise information regarding mechanical problems and service needsc.Records all equipment downtimes in department log and notifies appropriate personnel according to departmental procedures5.Communicates with hospital staff and physicians in the performance of diagnostic mammographic procedures to exchange pertinent patient informationa.Assists in scheduling exams in courteous and efficient mannerb.Communicates identified patient related problems using the appropriate chain of command
6.Contributes to a positive work environment and demonstrates a teamwork efforta.Works effectively as teamb.Displays flexibility, volunteers to work odd shifts as workload demandsc.Communicates with clinical staff and surgeons in the performance of radiologic procedures as needed with core bx and u/s guidance to exchange pertinent patient information and care
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (P2):
- Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance and gain knowledge in new areas.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.
- Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations and audiences.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (P2):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them.
- Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees' effectiveness.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (P2):
- Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (P2):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (P2):
- Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches.
- Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges.
- Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period. Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As t...he largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.