DMC Detroit Receiving Hospital, Michiganâ��s first Level I Trauma Center, helped pioneer the evolution of emergency medicine and currently has one of the busiest and most well-equipped emergency departments anywhere. The first and largest verified burn center in the state is at Receiving, and it is one of only 43 in the nation. Receiving also offers the stateâ��s leading 24/7 hyperbaric oxygen program, Metro Detroitâ��s first certified primary stroke center, and the nationally recognized and accredited DMC Rosa Parks Geriatric Center of Excellence.
Under limited supervision and according to established policies and procedures, develops, plans and implements Central Sterile Processing orientation, in-service education, staff development and student experiences.
â�¢ Develops, interprets, teaches, maintains and revises current procedure and written standards of practice relevant to sterile and non-sterile processes; maintains standards in accordance with accepted practice and changing concepts, methods and techniques.
â�¢ With input from department leadership, develops annual objectives for in-services and staff development programs.
â�¢ Maintains active communication among interdepartmental staff and Central Processing staff, and ensures sterile processing competency; monitors orientee performance and practice and initiates action to correct efficiencies.
â�¢ Prepares monthly, quarterly, and annual reports related to the quality assurance program.
â�¢ Represents Central Processing on hospital education committees.
â�¢ Develops and maintains the departmental quality assurance program.
â�¢ Works with vendors to establish focused training sessions for equipment specific or item specific processes and handling.
â�¢ Works in tandem with OR educators to address performance issues and optimize process flow.
1. Associate of Applied Science in Surgical Technology or Nursing with extensive Sterile Processing background.
2. Two years of progressively more responsible experience in Central Sterile Processing.
3. Certification through CBSPD (Certification Board For Sterile Processing and Distribution, Inc, or Certification through NICHSPDP (National Institute for the Certification of Healthcare Sterile Processing and Distribution Personnel), or IAHCSMM ( International Association of Healthcare, Central Services and Materials Management).
1. Analytical ability to gather and interpret data, to identify discrepancies, problems or issues, to obtain advice when precedents are unclear or unavailable and to determine methods for ensuring compliance with Central Sterile Processing policies and procedures.
2. Ability to analyze and translate data gathered and interpreted into reports and graphic representations, to be presented to appropriate hospital quality assurance committees and departments.
3. Communication and interpersonal skills for routine contacts with department staff, management, orientees, students and other hospital personnel and some external customers/stakeholders to discuss primarily factual information.
4. Discretion and conflict resolution skills are exercised, primarily with people within Central Sterile Processing. Courtesy and listening skills are required. The ability to read and comprehend procedures and technical literature in Central Sterile Supply is necessary.
5. Leadership skills including the including demonstrated willingness to pursue leadership roles with increasing levels of accountability, comfort with decision-making responsibilities, coaching, teaching and counseling skills, and the ability to inspire and build confidence in others and to forge alliances and garner support.
6. Technical knowledge of sterile and non-sterile techniques including internal and changing market policies, procedures and practices in order to instruct new and existing employees.
Job: Laboratory and Clinical Technicians
Primary Location: Detroit, Michigan
Facility: DMC Receiving Hospital
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Rotate
Shift Begin: 8:00 AMShift End: 4:30 PM
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.