The CT Technologist performs Computed Tomography procedures in accordance with established departmental policies and procedures to ensure the best possible patient care services are delivered.
1. Performs all computed Tomography procedures according to established department protocolsa. Perform appropriate volume of procedures according to patient loadb. Ensures that the correct patient information, technical settings, and appropriate slice thickness are entered prior to scanningc. Prepare and administers oral and intravenous contrast media according to established guidelines d. Performs venipuncture when needed using sterile techniquee. Completes appropriate patient documentationf. Displays working knowledge of cross-sectional anatomyg. Processes, records, and archives images for evaluation, interpretation, and maintenance purposesh. Completes filming of all cases in a timely fashion according to radiologists' requirementsi. Completes processes to send image data to PACS
2. Performs all tasks associated with the proper execution of a CT examination in accordance with the established department and hospital policies and proceduresa. Accepts assignments from supervisor in positive manner; recognizes and performs duties that need to be accomplished although not routineb. Restock and maintains assigned work area/equipment in an orderly fashion and ensures that emergency kit is accurately supplied and datedc. Performs necessary cleaning of room and equipmentd. Assists in the movement of patients to and from wheelchairs, stretchers, beds and radiographic imaging tablese. Uses appropriate restraint devices as needed
3. Performs all assigned RIS transactions to ensure that accurate patient and procedure information is recorded in a timely fashion for the patient medical record and billing purposesa. Completes patient exam in RISb. Review's materials and exam charges, edits/corrects as necessaryc. Review's patient exam information in WIZ, edits as necessary4. Performs visual maintenance checks on all equipment used and reports all malfunctions to appropriate personnela. Perform quality assurance proceduresb. Provides clear concise information regarding mechanical problems and service needsc. Records all equipment downtimes in department log and notifies appropriate personnel according to department procedures5. Provides radiation protection to patient, staff and self-according to prescribed safety standardsa. Wears and maintains dosimeter badge in a proper fashionb. Demonstrates knowledge of and compliance to radiation safety practices
6. Communicate with hospital staff and physicians in the performance of CT Scan procedures to exchange pertinent patient informationa. Assists in scheduling of routine and emergency examsb. Handles calls with courtesy and efficiencyc. Communicates identified patient related problems using the appropriate chain of command7. Participates in on-call coverage as needed to ensure 24 hour a day coveragea. Displays flexibility, volunteers to work odd shifts as workload demands8. Demonstrates competency in performing all procedures, age range from neonatal to geriatrica. Demonstrates capability of explaining procedures to patient, considers patient's comfort during procedure, understands emotional response when procedure is completedb. Demonstrates respect for patient's right to privacy, all matters handled in confidential mannerc. Abides by professional code of ethics
9. Assists to identify patient and family learning needs and provides pertinent information regarding the procedure that is appropriate for age and level of learning to the patient and significant othera. Provides verbal education regarding procedure performed that is appropriate for age and level of learning to the patient/significant other10. Completes all documentation forms as required by departmenta. Completes incident forms and risk management forms in timely mannerb. Completes patient education forms and discharge forms in a timely manner
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded, and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Vanderbilt Bedford County Hospital:
Vanderbilt Bedford Hospital is your community healthcare provider: a 60-bed facility with a comprehensive range of inpatient, outpatient, medical, and surgical services.
Acquired by Vanderbilt Health in 2021, the hospital is the sole provider of inpatient medical services for Bedford County. We believe in the power of people to create great care. With more than 32 doctors and 250 hospital staff, Vanderbilt Bedford Hospital delivers personalized, high-quality health care close to home, in a modern, patient-friendly environment.
Click here to view how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrated the difference they make each and every day:
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period. Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As t...he largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.