YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Per Diem
The community you’ll be caring for:
• Located north of Orlando in the community of Altamonte Springs, our facility is consistently named “Best Hospital” for overall quality, reputation, doctors and nurses by local residents • As the largest satellite campus within the AdventHealth system, AdventHealth Altamonte has been providing state-of-the-art healthcare to the community since 1973 • The 398-bed hospital cares for more than 168,000 patients a year. We are proud to be revolutionizing health care with visionary leadership and world-class resources
The role you’ll contribute:
Nuclear Medicine Technologist will be responsible for performing Radiographic Imaging procedures independently. Handles, prepares, calculates dosage and administers radionuclides and interventional medications under the direction of a radiologist or cardiologist. Maintains records in accordance with departmental and state requirements. Assists the radiation safety officer as needed. Responsible for patient transportation to imaging room. Will position patient appropriately to obtain quality diagnostic images that are delivered to radiologist for interpretation via PACS system by technologist. Responsible to assist Radiologist for any required procedure. Will perform clerical duties and assist in radiology department as needed. Performs basic patient care within scope of practice and to departmental standards.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
• Performs quality nuclear imaging exams using proper equipment along with radiation protection practices. To follow appropriate protocols. To verify prescriptions to ensure the proper test is being performed. Orders, prepares, calculates dosage and administers radionuclides and/or interventional medications as directed by a radiologist or cardiologist. Responsible for checking next day schedules to avoid any scheduling complications
• Maintains records in accordance with the departmental policy and procedures as well as within state requirements including using the dose computer or paper tracking system. Maintain documentation for QA done on cameras and all other equipment including survey meters dose calibrators and glucose meter. Assist the radiation safety officer when needed
• Uses computer to start and complete exams correctly
• Sends images to PACS via standard workflow process. Enters all technical information relating to exam. Takes appropriate history that is documented on scanned requisition. Monitors online worklist during worked hours and at shift change
• Performs direct patient care duties within technologist scope of practice. Transports, lifts, moves, and positions patients as needed to properly and safely complete exam. Will transport patients to and from the inside of the department along with escorting patients to other departments for testing
The expertise and experiences you'll need to succeed:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Associate's degree from accredited program
• American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
• Basic Life Support - CPR Cert
• Nuclear Medicine Technology Cert Board
• Nuclear Medicine Technologist
• Bachelor's degree from accredited program
• One-year experience as a Nuclear Medicine Technologist
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.