All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Student Loan Repayment Program
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Mental Health Resources and Support
Debt-free Education* (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: 12 hour day shift - scheduled hours are Monday and Tuesday and every other Friday, Saturday, Sunday
The community you’ll be caring for:
• The AdventHealth Palm Parkway Emergency Department (ED) is an extension of our AdventHealth Celebration Campus – located just minutes from Walt Disney World.
• The 18,000-square-foot facility features state-of-the-art emergency healthcare serving the residents and visitors of Orange and Osceola Counties open 24-7.
• The 24-bed ED includes an urgent care track to diagnose and treat non-emergent cases more efficiently, an observation unit to closely monitor care for up to 24 hours, and offers emergent care supported by ground transportation if specialty care is needed.
• We are proud to be revolutionizing healthcare with visionary leadership and world-class resources.
• We offer great benefits with immediate Health Insurance coverage
• Career growth and advancement potential
The role you’ll contribute:
The Medical Laboratory Technologists performs various laboratory testing procedures in assigned areas as licensed. Work customarily involves analytical testing of blood and/or other human biological specimens. Depending on campus and department, various pre-and post-analytical work processes are including in the work duties customarily performed; on-call hours may also be required. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
Performs various support activities to facilitate operation of assigned department or work area, which may include answering the telephone, clerical and/or receptionist duties. Continually maintains workspaces in a neat, organized, and properly supplied; properly stores and safeguards documentation and paperwork.
Performs assigned pre-analytical activities related to laboratory testing, which may include general and analytical equipment maintenance, function checks and documentation; inventory control and supply stocking; specimen collection; biological specimen processing; cleaning and disinfection of selected or assigned laboratory equipment and spaces; quality control and calibration performance; and other pre-analytical activities.
Performs all expected tests and analytical procedures for assigned department or work area efficiently and accurately, according to AdventHealth procedures, performance standards, and departmental competency standards. Participates in proficiency testing, consistently adhering to federal and state regulations as well as AdventHealth policies.
Performs post-analytical activities related to laboratory testing, reporting results (including highly abnormal results) in accordance with AdventHealth procedures. Provides and acts on technical and support information related to the elements of laboratory testing for all age groups, neonatal through geriatric patients.
REQUIRED: • Associates’ degree in chemical, physical or biological science or medical laboratory or equivalent education and training
• Must hold a national certification as a Medical Laboratory Scientist or Medical Technologist such as ASCP, AAB, or AMT unless grandfathered per state requirement • Appropriate state licensure as required
• Conducts themselves in a calm and collected manner at all times • Demonstrates patient/customer focused, compassionate behavior • Takes responsibility for decisions, actions and results, and delivers on commitments • Cooperates and collaborates with team members and others • Complies with the Corporate Institutional Policies, Procedures, and Guidelines • Demonstrates compliance with all federal, state and local laws; rules and government • Demonstrates effective communication skills with all team members, patients/customers and families
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.