Advd Practice Clinician Part Time - VIP Mid-South Float Pool
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Internal Number: 2207122
JOB CODE INFORMATION:
Title: Advd Practice Clinician PRN
Job Code: 8914
Job Stream Description: Professional
Title: Advd Practice Clinician PRN
Job Code: 8914
Job Stream Description: Professional
JOB SUMMARY: The Advanced Practice Clinician (NP/PA) is service/physician aligned, managing a distinct patient population. The APC may be required to perform some outpatient and inpatient care and facilitate discharges/outpatient follow up. The APC has a strong foundation in evidenced based practice/education and is responsible for ensuring adherence to clinical pathways/protocols and ensures an environment of safe quality care. The APC demonstrates advanced level of medical and nursing knowledge, clinical/technical competence, sound clinical judgement, professional communication skills, timely and compliant documentation, and responsible for professional development and competency validation.
1.Assessment of Health Statusa.Performs and documents in the medical record a complete history and physical examination for acute and complex chronically ill patientsb.Orders and collects data using appropriate assessment techniques, relevant supporting diagnostic information and diagnostic procedures where indicated.c.The APC may serve as the first responder for both nursing and staff in the event of patient status changes, orders, and in situations requiring procedural and resuscitative interventions.d.Assesses for risks associated with the care of the acute and complex chronically ill patient including medication side effects, immobility, impaired nutrition, fluid, and electrolyte imbalance, immunocompetence, invasive interventions and diagnostic procedures.e.Coordinates daily clinic schedule with the attending physician team, presents patient report, collaborates in plan of care, and follows assigned patient population.f.Manages diagnostic tests through ordering, inter
2.Formulates Plan of Carea.Identifies expected outcomes from diagnosis and formulates and documents a plan of care to address complex acute and chronic health care needs.b.Utilizes evidenced based practice guidelines or protocols in an individualized, dynamic plan of care that can be applied across the continuum.c.Implements and modifies plan of cared.Prescribes diagnostic strategies and therapeutic interventions both pharmacologic, non-pharmacologic, and surgical, needed to achieve expected outcomes.e.Manages further diagnostic tests through ordering, interpretation, performance, and supervision.f.May perform advanced procedures consistent with privileges and competency validation, including minor suturing, complex wound management, line and tube placements and removalsg.Communication and Collaborationh.Maintains ongoing communication and collaboration with interdisciplinary health care team.i.Facilitates and communicates with patient, family, and staff to promote c
3.Documentationa.Documents/dictates key components of patient's progress via daily progress note, transfer, and discharge summary, and/or clinic note where applicable. (h&p, daily progress notes, plan of care, problem lists, procedure notes, acute event note, discharge summaries in medical record per specific patient unit or service, death summary)b.Documentation is timely, meets critical care compliance standards and captures patient acuity.
4.Professional Practicea.Demonstrates Professional Practice behaviors including preceptor/mentoring, education and instruction of students, nursing staff, nurses, graduate, and novice APCsb.Seeks opportunities for active engagement in research and the analysis of evidenced based practice.c.Actively participates in Grand Rounds, APN council meetings, faculty and unit meetings, M&M presentations.d.Maintains CEUs, and membership in a professional organization.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (P2):
- Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance and gain knowledge in new areas.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.
- Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations and audiences.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (P2):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them.
- Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees' effectiveness.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (P2):
- Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (P2):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (P2):
- Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches.
- Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges.
- Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period. Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As t...he largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.