MRI TECH - full-time, days, rotating call
Vanderbilt Tullahoma Harton Hospital
The MRI Technologist performs all MRI procedures in accordance with established department policies and procedures to ensure the best possible patient care services are delivered. Participates in on-call rotation.
- Performs all magnetic resonance imaging procedures according to established department protocols.
- Performs appropriate volume of procedures according to patient load by shift. Ensures that the correct patient information and technical settings are entered prior to execution of the procedure. Prepares and administers intravenous contrast media according to established protocols.
- Performs venipuncture using sterile technique. Demonstrates a working knowledge of cross-sectional anatomy.
- Processes, records, and archives images for evaluation, interpretation, and maintenance purposes. Completes filming of all cases in a timely fashion according to radiologists, requirements. Completes processes to send image data to PACS.
- Performs all tasks associated with the proper execution of a MR examination in accordance with the established department and hospital policies and procedures. Accepts assignments from supervisor in positive manner; recognizes and performs duties that need to be accomplished although not routine. Restocks and maintains assigned work area/equipment in an orderly fashion.
- Assists in movement of patients to and from wheelchairs, stretchers, beds, and imaging table (uses appropriate restraint devises as needed)d. Participates in on-call coverage as needed (displays flexibility, volunteers to work odd shifts as workload demands)3. Performs all assigned RIS transactions to ensure accurate patient and procedure information is recorded in a timely fashion for medical records and billing.
- Completes patient exam in RIS. Reviews martial and exam charges, exits/corrects as necessary
- Performs visual maintenance checks on all equipment used and reports all malfunctions to appropriate personnel. Performs quality assurance procedures. Provides clear concise information regarding mechanical problems and service needs. Records all equipment downtime in department log and notifies appropriate personnel according to department procedures.
- Knowledge of MRI safety procedures of proper shutdown sequence of system5. Communicates with hospital staff and physicians in the performance of MR procedures to exchange pertinent patient information. Assists in scheduling of routine and emergency exams. Handles calls with courtesy and efficiency. Communicates identified patient related problems with appropriate chain of command
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Vanderbilt Harton Hospital:
Our 135-bed facility is accredited by The Joint Commission and features an accredited Chest Pain Center.
Acquired by Vanderbilt Health in 2021, the hospital has served Tullahoma, Coffee County, and surrounding counties for more than 50 years. With more than 100 doctors and 500 hospital staff, Vanderbilt Tullahoma-Harton Hospital delivers personalized, high-quality health care close to home, offering a comprehensive range of services in a modern, patient-friendly environment
Our goal is to create an exceptional experience for our patients and their families: keeping them safe, delivering evidence-based medicine, and treating them with kindness and respect.
Click here for more information: www.VanderbilttullahomahartonHospital.com
full-time, days, rotating call, must be available to work rotating weekends
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
- US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
- Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
- Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
- The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
- American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
- Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
- National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
- Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.