Med Lab Tech - PRN (night shift)
Vanderbilt Bedford County Hospital
The Medical Laboratory Technician performs laboratory testing and related procedures necessary to generate accurate and timely patient reports.
- Performs general housekeeping duties to keep work areas safe from contamination and physical hazards
- Continuous cooperation with co-workers and other hospital departments to ensure our customers are VERY SATISFIED
- Performs instrument maintenance and troubleshooting activities in areas of demonstrated competency
- Actively participates and supports co-workers participating in Community Cares initiatives
- Works with students and other interested persons to promote the clinical laboratory profession
- Demonstrates a positive attitude at all times
- Performs daily quality control and maintenance activities in areas of demonstrated competency
- Participates in Quality Assurance programs
- Performs proficiency testing in areas of demonstrated competency
- Reports critical values to appropriate physician or nursing service upon verification of result
- Shows an awareness of how patient age and other factors can affect test results
- Recognizes opportunities to learn from Medical Technologists and takes advantage of those opportunities
- Participates in continuing education activities
- Takes problem-solving initiative
- Takes a pro-active approach to learning new procedures and/or laboratory areas, including LIS
- Recognizes opportunities to reduce reagent waste and unnecessary test repeats
- Manages inventory, time and workflow efficiently
- Recognizes and reports Laboratory Compliance issues, including potential fraud, over- or under-billing for services performed, CPT coding changes or discrepancies, and questionable medical necessity
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded, and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Vanderbilt Bedford County Hospital:
Vanderbilt Bedford Hospital is your community healthcare provider: a 60-bed facility with a comprehensive range of inpatient, outpatient, medical, and surgical services.
Acquired by Vanderbilt Health in 2021, the hospital is the sole provider of inpatient medical services for Bedford County. We believe in the power of people to create great care. With more than 32 doctors and 250 hospital staff, Vanderbilt Bedford Hospital delivers personalized, high-quality health care close to home, in a modern, patient-friendly environment.
Click here for more information: www.VanderbiltBedfordHospital.com
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
- US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
- Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
- Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
- The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
- American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
- Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
- National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
- Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
Vanderbilt Health recognizes that diversity is essential for excellence and innovation. We are committed to an inclusive environment where everyone has the chance to thrive and to the principles of equal opportunity and affirmative action. EOE/AA/Women/Minority/Vets/Disabled