Location: Paso Robles, California
Internal Number: REQ-020627
Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position Qualifications:
Must be fully COVID vaccinated & boosted.
General Description and Essential Functions
- Welcomes on-site patients
- Secures appropriate billing and testing information including date of birth, address, insurance, ABN, Medicare/MediCal information
- Must be able to decipher doctor's orders and make sure orders are complete
- May be required to take phone orders from physician's and client offices
- Complies with federal and state privacy laws relating to protected patient health information. May receive, sort, and route mail
- May takes payments for services
- May be required to use Medi-Cal machines or online eligibility, adding machines, credit card machines, and company computer
- Performs other clerical duties as needed, such as filing, typing, photocopying, and collating
- Follow all HIPAA and Compliance guidelines
- Participates in and supports all Quality Assurance and Quality Improvement endeavors for the laboratory, as applicable
- In addition to an employee's typical schedule, this position may require employees to work weekends, split shifts, and holidays if needed by the company. Other duties may apply as necessary
- Light physical effort (lift/carry up to 25 lbs.)
- Occasional reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, and crouching
- Frequent, prolonged standing/sitting/walking
- Must be able to see, hear, and respond adequately
- Extensive computer work
- Frequent use of telephone and fax
- Occasional travel required to interact with Division personnel and/or attend meetings, educational training
Work Experience and Educational Requirements
- Minimum one-year previous medical reception experience required.
- Ability to professionally interact with patients, physician's, clients, and Company visitors.
- Previous computer and phone experience preferred.
- High school diploma or GED required.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
WestPac Labs, Inc.
Sonic Healthcare USA is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to an inclusive workplace for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.