All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
- Benefits from Day One
- Paid Days Off from Day One
- Debt-free Education* (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Nights 3 12's
The community you’ll be caring for:
- AdventHealth Apopka is a seven-story, 120-bed hospital offering an extensive range of services including expanded surgical services, advanced surgical suites and a catheterization lab
- The hospital also features a 30,000-square-foot emergency department with pediatric-friendly beds, imaging services, a full-service cafeteria, chapel, gift shop and on-site fire station
- The hospital opened in December 2017, replacing the 50-bed hospital that AdventHealth had operated in downtown Apopka for more than four decades
The role you’ll contribute:
The Advanced Registered Respiratory Therapist is responsible for provision/ supervision of respiratory clinical care responsibilities to age specific groups. Accepts shift supervisory responsibility in the absence of a Clinical Specialist or Supervisor. Respiratory Care processes include assessing, planning, implementing, delivering, and evaluating the treatment, care, and patient needs to achieve goals. Adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state, and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
- Demonstrates, through behavior, AdventHealth Orlando’s service standards.
- Assesses and makes appropriate decisions and interventions according to patient evaluation / needs. Sets patient goals, assisting in the development of a plan of care along with the multidisciplinary team. Evaluates / interpret diagnostic data including but not limited to lab results and monitoring data. Communicates effectively with the multi-disciplinary team.
- Satisfactorily completes department orientation, airway management certification, critical care training program, Infant/ Pediatric Emergency training program (campus specific), and advanced critical care-training program, and is proficient at all applicable procedures defined below.
- Practices standard precautions and enforces safety regulations according to hospital policies on a continual basis. Documents and charges for procedures accurately and completely to ensure quality standards set by the department and hospital.
- Responds to Code Blue emergencies immediately providing CPR according to the American Heart Association guidelines. Performs airway maintenance including proper use of manual resuscitators, suctioning, endotracheal intubation, extubation, assists with bronchoscopy, assists with tracheostomy tube insertion, performs tracheostomy tube change, oral and nasal pharyngeal airway insertion, LMA insertion, manages patients with laryngectomy. Provides procedural respiratory support.
- Through use of protocols / prescriber care plans, chart review, and conferring with multidisciplinary team, determines proper therapy delivery device/ frequency, making appropriate changes/ recommendations to plan of care. Delivers inhaled medications, including inhaled vasodilators and nebulized opioids, bronchial hygiene therapy, lung expansion therapy and manages patients receiving inhaled gasses.
- Provides respiratory care to patients on invasive and non-invasive mechanical ventilators. Initiates, operates, transports, and liberates conventional and advanced modes of ventilation per policy and procedure/prescriber care plan. Reviews chest radiology reports as necessary Initiates, maintains, transports and monitors heliox and nitric oxide (campus specific). Prones/ ambulates ventilated patients.