Location: Rye Brook, New York
Internal Number: REQ-018317
Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position Qualifications:
The Molecular Technologist is responsible for performing moderate and high complexity clinical sample testing within the Molecular Diagnostic Laboratory. Performs daily laboratory testing and analyzes, reviews, and reports test results. Maintains proficiency on a wide variety of molecular methods and technologies. Assists in training of personnel and competency assessments.
Laboratory Duties (90%)
- Performs high complexity clinical assays according to written SOPs
- Adheres to departmental policies and procedures to include quality control, quality assurance, and safety
- Ensures specimen integrity by adhering to the laboratory's procedures for specimen handling and processing.
- General laboratory operations: keeping a neat work area, attending meetings, and complying with laboratory procedures and safety practices
- Analyzes reviews, and reports test and quality control results and takes remedial action when indicated
- Enters and verifies data within the clinical LIMS system
- Maintain analytical instruments, schedules authorized routine service, and maintains instrument documentation
- Performs, enters, and maintains Quality Control assessments and data
- General laboratory housekeeping, including the regular cleaning of sinks, counters, and equipment as appropriate
- Creates and validates in-house control material and reagents
- Trains and assesses personnel competency
- Completes other duties as assigned by lab management
Administrative Duties (10%)
- Monitors laboratory data systems, conducts statistical metric analysis
- Makes recommendations for process improvement to management
- Completes proficiency testing online entries as assigned
- Monitors laboratory systems as assigned
- Performs and documents reagent Quality Control verification
- File documentation associated with daily production runs
- Provides technical feedback to the Lab Supervisor regarding workflow issues
- Make copies of relative forms used for production and validation
- Documents laboratory inventory for assigned work areas
- Perform other laboratory duties as required and assigned
- Ability to understand and follow implemented written procedures and verbal instructions.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to collect and analyze data using graphs, tables, charts, and mathematical calculations
- Experienced with computer software including MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook.
- Operational knowledge of complex lab automation and networked lab systems
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the laboratory and work well across lab areas
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions and fluctuations in workload
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and manage stress appropriately
- Ability to work alone with minimal supervision
- Familiarity with regulated clinical laboratory policies, goals, and objectives
- Licensed (or eligible for licensure) as required in the State of New York
- B.S. degree in Medical Technology or Chemical, Biological, or Physical Science AND three years of pertinent laboratory experience
- OR an M.S. degree in Medical Technology or Chemical, Biological, or Physical Science AND one year of pertinent laboratory experience
- Preferred- A minimum of one year laboratory training or experience or both in a clinical laboratory performing high complexity testing in a CLIA setting. Experience in NGS testing, preferably using ThermoFisher platforms
Sonic Anatomic Pathology
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
CBL Path, Inc.
Sonic Healthcare USA is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to an inclusive workplace for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.