Medical Lab Scientist Lenexa
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
- Sign On Bonus with two-year agreement
- Benefits from Day One
- Paid Days Off from Day One
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Career Development
- Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
- Mental Health Resources and Support
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Part Time 7P-7A
Shift: Every Other Saturday & Sunday Night
Location: AdventHealth Lenexa 23401 Prairie Star Parkway
The community you’ll be caring for:
At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission, formerly Shawnee Mission Medical Center, you're more than just a number on a chart. You're a whole person, who functions best when physically, emotionally, and spiritually fit. Find whole-person care, dedicated teams and staff, and a wide variety of medical services, all at our hospital in Shawnee Mission, Kansas.
The role you’ll contribute:
The Medical Laboratory Scientists performs laboratory analysis requiring a complex network of steps & variables. Confirms & verifies, correlates & interprets test results utilizing in-depth knowledge of techniques, principles, instruments, & physiology. Recognizes technical, instrumental & physiological problems, identifies the cause & evaluates alternative solutions. Operates, maintains, & repairs equipment. Establishes & monitors quality assurance programs
The value you’ll bring to the team:
- Performs & monitors the collection of laboratory specimens.
- Performs testing according to established procedures.
- Evaluates & interprets data based on knowledge of numerous factors affecting test results.
- Verifies normal & confirms abnormal results; provides appropriate communication & documentation in accordance with section protocols & in compliance with all accrediting & regulatory agencies.
- Recognizes critical results & documents action taken according to established policies.
- Utilizes critical thinking to recognize & resolve problems, documents corrective actions, and communicates to team.
- Performs & evaluates quality control, equipment maintenance, and instrument calibration as needed.
- Uses the LIS efficiently to order tests, enter results/documentation, & obtain information, in keeping with established protocols.