Location: Mt Kisco, New York
Type: Full Time
Internal Number: ULTRA03890
$2,500 SIGN ON BONUS
Position Overview: The Ultrasound Technologist is responsible for maintenance of registration and active CME's in ultrasound in order to provide excellent service. This also includes creating a tranquil environment, so patients will be able to adhere to examination instructions.
* Identify anatomical orientation on all required images and assures proper file identification on all images
* Demonstrate competency performing all diagnostic ultrasound procedures and the operation of all related equipment
* Greet patients, obtain history, and enters information in computer system
* Scan according to guidelines
* Maintain logs; process paperwork for biopsies
* Utilize sterile techniques preventing contamination
* Maintain quality standards as it relates to HIPPA regulations
* Responsible for all clinical aspects of ultrasonography suite; maintains cleanliness of examination rooms. Stock necessary medical and radiologic supplies.
* Assists in the completion of the accreditation process for American College of Radiology (ACR) every three years
* Maintain CPR certification
* Observe patient vital signs during examination
* Provide coverage as needed (i.e. in the event of call outs or extended patient schedules).
* Provide instruction/mentoring to new hires.
* Provide a positive patient experience; share information with patients, providing knowledge about the procedure; ensuring they are aware of follow-up steps and requirements
* Maintain communication with radiologists and other physicians, patients and their families, and other persons
* Consistently submit images of diagnostic quality without recommendation of additional image acquisition; performs quality assurance on images and equipment; demonstrates competency in utilizing systems
* Contribute to efficient out-patient Operations, maximizing the productivity of assigned modality
* Review each examination for technical accuracy, presents completed examinations to radiologist, and communicates pertinent data to persons responsible for the care of patients following the procedure
* Demonstrate teamwork; interacts in a positive manner with employees and contributes to a collaborative work environment
* Meet or exceed deadlines, follows through, demonstrating accountability, flexibility and adaptability
* Enhance professional growth and maintain certifications, registration and active CME's through education programs, conferences, and workshops
* Acquire patients' chart data/requisition and reviews both to determine correct room set-up and learn of any specific medical problems, contraindications to the study and verify that the study being ordered correlates to the diagnostic needs.
* Educate patients regarding procedure, equipment and exam to ensure understanding and safety
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* Associate degree or Baccalaureate degree in radiography, or sonography preferred.
* Completion of accredited course in ultrasonic technology.
* ARDMS (American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography Certification)
* Two years of experience in as general radiologic technologist preferred.
* Five to nine years of experience as an Ultrasound Technologist.
* Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
* Ability to communicate with patients, visitors, and employees within the organization.
* Ability to adequately use, or learn to use, the department's computerized system and its associated devices.
* Requires standing and walking for extended periods of time.
* Must be able to lift and carry items weighting up to 50 pounds.
* Must be able to lift patients weighting up to 300 pounds and place them in appropriate positions for
operation of equipment.
* Requires eyesight correctable to 20/20 to operate equipment and review developed films.
Core customers and key relationships
* Patients Families and Friends
* Physicians and Other Medical Staff
* External Medical Partners
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. CareMount is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability
Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. CareMount Medical/CareMount Health Solutions will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.