Start the day excited to make a difference...end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.
This position is responsible for LPN nursing services in a physician office practice to control patient flow for physician, obtain and document patient vitals, perform EKG strips, and other nursing duties as assigned.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Provides general nursing care to patients to include obtaining and documenting patient vitals (height, weight, BP).
- Rooms patients. Facilitates patient flow throughout the office.
- Assists Physician, Physician Assistant, or Nurse Practitioner with examinations, diagnostic procedures and treatments.
- Obtains patient history, chief complaint and vitals and documents in medical record.
- Ensures adequate materials and supplies are available at all times.
- Provides patient and family education as appropriate.
- Responds to and provides guidance for return calls to patients for patient treatment related phone inquiries.
- Ensures patient appointments are assigned according to risk and severity.
- Maintains/reviews patient charts, records and other pertinent documents and reports.
- Establishes and maintains high standard for customer satisfaction and customer service.
- Schedules patient appointments for office visits.
- Assists patients with scheduling of procedures, tests, and radiological exams. Obtains authorization for procedures and studies as required.
- Schedules patient surgeries.
- Ensures necessary films are available for surgeries and appointments
- Learns front office functions, providing backup support and coverage as required.
- Fills out disability forms for MD/PA to review and sign.
- Works with third party payors to obtain authorization/pre-certification for surgeries, diagnostic testing, and other procedures ordered by physician.
- Utilizes Electronic Medical Records systems in place in office.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- LPN license in the State of Virginia
- AHA BLS Provider CPR required
- Experience working in a Physician Office preferred
- Previous experience with practice specialty preferred.
- Must have knowledge of policies and procedures related to infection control, environmental safety and patient confidentiality.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.