Start the day excited to make a difference...end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.
This position is accountable to perform echocardiography evaluations and effectively identify cardiac and/or other physiological anomalies. Additionally, this position will be the primary assistant to physicians with invasive and non-invasive cardiac clinical procedures related to the field of echocardiography. This position must support the mission, vision, values and strategic initiatives of Mary Washington Healthcare and must demonstrate a commitment of quality service to our patients, the public and our co-workers.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Performs echocardiograms, stress echocardiograms, transesophageal echocardiography and other studies to assist physicians in identifying cardiac and/or other physiological anomalies.
- Records patient anatomy, reports physiological aberrations and suggests additional procedures for the physician's consideration to optimize diagnosis and expedite therapeutic interventions.
- Prepares reports and accurately documents the provision of patient procedures in accordance with department policy.
- Initiates preventive maintenance and minor repairs on medical devices in accordance with department and hospital standards.
- Maintains supply inventory.
- Monitors the development of technicians in the application of various echocardiography procedures to ensure compliance and effective patient care.
- Participates in the training and education of technicians and others to develop understanding of the discipline.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience and Qualifications
- High school graduate.
- Graduation from an accredited echocardiography training course.
- Associate's degree in medical science.
License and/or Certifications
- AHA Healthcare Provider CPR.
- One of the following: Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS), or Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS), or Registered Congenital Cardiac Sonographer (RCCS), or Canadian Registered Cardiac Sonographer (CRCS).
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.