Location: Wilmington, Delaware
Nemours is seeking a Nutrition Technician (Full-Time), to join out Nemours Children's Health team in Wilmington, Delaware. Hours of operation 7am - 6pm. This position is 60 hours biweekly, 10-hour shifts -3/6 working holidays. Shift options are 7am - 5:30pm, 7:30am - 6pm, and 9:30am - 8pm with every other weekend required.
The nutrition technician is responsible for the calculation, preparation, delivery, and monitoring of specialized neonatal and pediatric formulas, human milk, and medical nutrition. Preparation techniques will adhere to all sanitary regulations and standards established by health care facility. The Formula room technician supports the daily operations of the Formula room to ensure the safety for all patients receiving products prepared in the Formula room.
- Assist medical team, with issues related to formula orders, substitutions, discharge, and special needs to ensure patients feeding provided in a timely manner.
- Maintain sterile technique during formula and breast milk preparation
- Able to read, write and perform necessary mathematical skills to correctly prepare infant formula and breast milk orders
- Prepares and delivers all infant formulas and breast milk as ordered
- Inventories and maintains sufficient infant feeding room stock
- Meeting the requirement and compliance with federal, state, and local health and sanitation
- Knowledgeable in HIPAA and OSHA/ Safety Regulations
- Adheres to the Nemours Standard of Behavior.
- Completes necessary paperwork for accurate quantities of expressed human milk and fortifiers to be used for preparation, inventory, billing, and tracking.
- Maintain daily inventory of expressed human milk and needed supplies. Place inventory orders to maintain adequate PAR levels of donor milk, fortifiers, and supplies. Puts away orders when received, rotates inventory, and disposes of expired inventory. (FIFO)
- Clean and sanitize work area and equipment using approved technique and clean agent.
- Transcribe feeding order information to prepared feeding labels
- Follow processes, as established, for quality assurance monitors
- Bachelor's Degree in Dietetics or Nutrition required.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience required.
- Hospital Experience preferred; Children's Hospital Experience preferred.