Location: Rye Brook, New York
Internal Number: REQ-021111
Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position Qualifications:
Quality is in our DNA -- is it in yours?
You are a superhero when it comes to patient specimens. You've got problem-solving instincts, a passion for patient care, and the drive to keep things running smoothly. You're also looking for great benefits, the support of an all-star team, and an opportunity to grow your career.
Join our front line of #HealthcareHeroes! Our mission is to advance the health and wellbeing of our communities as a leader in clinical laboratory solutions.
Location: Rye Brook, NY
Days: Monday - Friday
Hours: 9:00 A.M. - 5:30 P.M.
Full-time: Benefit Eligible
In this role, you will:
Oversee case distribution and quality assurance procedures under the general supervision of the Case Management Supervisor.
- Assist supervisor with day to day administration of Case Management Department. Defined duties includes but not limited to:
- Retrieval of slides from staining at histology
- Perform topographic assessment as requested.
- Perform the sorting and verification of slide labels information for accuracy in relation to accession number, patient name and part number against the system, and completion of slides/case.
- Perform quality checks (Tri-M) prior to case assignment
- Delivery of slides after completion internal / external.
- Assist in the administration of all Quality Control Programs (includes suboptimal slides, Tri-M and, QA flags, etc).
- Visually review slides for overall quality such as, proper cover slipping, and label legibility.
- Assist other lab leaders with questions and troubleshooting issues.
- Identifies and retrieves cases that are flagged for QA and ensure they are not distributed until the flag is resolved.
- Prepares all outbound slides, prepares manifest and delivery outbound slides in holding areas.
- Assist in slide imaging using Aperio (includes reviewing of each slide images for over all quality, approving and linking images - some data entry required).
All you need is:
- Some College or Associate's degree, preferably in science related courses.
Sonic Anatomic Pathology
We'll give you:
- Appreciation for your work
- A feeling of satisfaction that you've helped people
- Opportunity to grow in your profession
- Free lab services for you and your dependents
- Work-life balance, including Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Competitive benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Help saving for retirement, with a 401(k) plus a company match
- A sense of belonging - we're a community!
We also want you to know:
This role will have routine access to Protected Health Information (PHI). Employees will be trained on reasonable safeguards and are expected to maintain strict confidentiality, as well as abide by all applicable privacy and security standards. Employees are expected only to access PHI when it is required to fulfill job duties.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
2nd Shift (United States of America)
CBL Path, Inc.
Sonic Healthcare USA is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to an inclusive workplace for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.