Location: Warwick, New York
The Respiratory Therapist provides age-appropriate respiratory care, operates and maintains respiratory therapy equipment, performs diagnostic procedures, and administers treatments to patients in accordance with established clinical procedures, safety precautions, infection control practices and regulatory requirements. In addition, this position may provide training on respiratory techniques to hospital staff and students.
- Administers age appropriate respiratory care in accordance with established procedures, safety precautions, and regulatory requirements including, but not limited to age appropriate needs as follows: o Neonates - oxygen hood o Infants - croup tents aerosol RX o Adult - all services o Geriatrics - special attention to fragility of bones and hearing deficits
- Conducts routine equipment rounds to ensure proper working order and operation of specialized equipment.
- Replaces, cleans and stores department equipment as needed.
- Responds to emergency codes, Rapid Response and pages for cardiopulmonary assistance.
- Performs diagnostic procedures according to standard orders and physician's requests.
- Annotates patient medical records, and completes required department paperwork in accordance with established procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Reviews and monitors therapy and treatment administered to patients to ensure adherence to physician's instructions.
- Consults with physicians, nurses and other hospital staff on respiratory cases requiring therapy.
- Maintains an adequate supply of oxygen and other gases.
- Participates in the instruction of students, nurses, and other hospital staff in therapeutic techniques.
- Attends in- service and continuing education programs.
- Participates in performance improvement activities.
Prior experience as a Registered Respiratory Therapist in a hospital setting preferred. A New York State Registered Respiratory Therapist License issued by New York State Department of Education required; current BLS certification required.
Completion of an accredited two year Respiratory Therapy Program.
The individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials.
St Anthony Community Hospital
For over 75 years, St. Anthony Community Hospital in Warwick, NY, has been serving the residents of Orange County, NY, and New Jersey's Sussex and Passaic counties with outstanding and compassionate care. The 60-bed hospital has been a primary resource for emergency, medical, surgical, obstetrical/gynecological and acute-care services. Also on campus is the Mount Alverno Center, a state-approved adult home with an assisted-living program serving 85 residents, and Schervier Pavilion, a 120-bed skilled-nursing facility dedicated to the highest standard of healthcare excellence.