Location: Toledo, Ohio
Internal Number: REQ-020243
Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position Qualifications:
Quality is in our DNA, is it in yours?
Pathology Laboratories, Inc. (PLI) is currently looking for an experienced Cytology Manager in our Toledo, Ohio location.
The Cytology Manager is responsible for the overall operation of the department. Additional responsibilities include orienting, evaluating, and documenting performance of testing personnel. This role establishes, maintains, and revises departmental policies and procedures to include departmental programs, quality control, quality assurance, and safety as well as oversees and reviews patient test results, quality control results, and takes remedial action when indicated. The Cytology Manager maintains departmental expenses and productivity within budget and promotes quality relations and creates a supportive climate by serving as a role model.
LOCATION: Toledo, OH 43604
HOURS: 1st Shift
FULL TIME: Benefits Eligible
In this role you will:
- Responsible for the activities of cytology processors and cytotechnologists, distributing PAP slides, and performing personnel-related functions under the direction of the Medical Laboratory Executives.
- Oversee liquid-based slide preparation, staining, and imaging.
- Examine Thin Prep prepared PAP cytology slides, retrieve previous history, HPV results, and refer cases for QC or pathologist review.
- Maintain all SOP's, department statistics, and daily workload.
- Participate in quality initiatives.
- Lead laboratory operations with a focus on identifying areas of opportunity and implementing action plans.
- Support the Director of Technical Operations with organizational goals and objectives, including developing and inspiring your team of employees.
- Interact with a variety of clients, patients, employees, and business units, with a commitment to customer-focused service.
- Review business indicators, optimize processes, and maximize profitability.
- Champion safety, compliance, and quality control.
- BS degree in Cytotechnology plus ASCP certification
- Four years of relevant full-time experience reading GYN PAP slides
- Previous supervisory experience or a cytotechnologist in a lead role preferred
- ThinPrep certification with imaging strongly preferred
- Knowledge of CLIA and CAP requirements to maintain compliance
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
1st Shift (United States of America)
Pathology Laboratories, Inc
Excited about a career with a company that exemplifies its core values and offers a great total rewards package? Apply Now!
- Competitive wages
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability
- 401k Savings Plan and Employer Match
- Work-life balance, including Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Performance Bonus Opportunity
Sonic Healthcare USA is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to an inclusive workplace for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.