Location: Ridgeland, South Carolina
Internal Number: REQ-021572
Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position Qualifications:
Quality is in our DNA -- is it in yours?
You are a superhero when it comes to patient specimens. You've got problem-solving instincts, a passion for patient care, and the drive to keep things running smoothly.
You're also looking for great benefits, the support of an all-star team, and an opportunity to grow your career.
Join our front line of #HealthcareHeroes! Our mission is to advance the health and wellbeing of our communities as a leader in clinical laboratory solutions.
Location: Ridgeland, SC
Days: Tuesday - Friday
Hours: 10:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M
In this role, you will:
Interacts with clients to provide information in response to inquiries about specimen collection, submission and reporting of pathology results and to research, troubleshoot and resolve complaints regarding the laboratory's services.
- Transcribe pathologist's diagnosis into patient pathology report.
- Answers inbound calls from clients and places outbound calls to clients in a professional and timely manner, with the goal of increasing business, client satisfaction, and client retention.
- Communicates patient results clearly, accurately and effectively to clients, provided patient releases are obtained prior to the release of laboratory results, in accordance with policy and procedure.
- Contacts clients in a timely and professional manner to: obtain and correct missing data related to the patient requisition and patient insurance such as: client information (group name, referring physician, address, and phone and fax number)
- patient's demographics (patient name, address, phone number, date of birth, social security number, gender, medical record number, and electronic medical record number)
- clinical history (past/present medical conditions, specifics of medical diagnosis or tests, treatment plans, family history, type of service, services received, dates of service, and provider of service)
- specimen description (size, shape, and type of specimen)
- billing type (client, patient, insurance, no charge)
- patient insurance information (insurance code, carrier name, policy number, group number, and address of insurance carrier)
- convey when laboratory testing cannot be performed and when laboratory tests are cancelled
- relay changes in business hours and alternative specimen pickup schedules
- Serves as a resource to referring clients regarding patient results, distribution of pathology reports, specimen collection and submission requirements, testing requirements, turn-around times, test prices, supply order forms, and other laboratory policies and procedures.
- Acts as a dispatch service for laboratory couriers by calling for specimen pickups and distribution of laboratory supplies.
- Coordinates various aspects of client services quality assurance and compliance functions including documenting the client concerns and resolution on an incident report, maintain incident logs, and generating reports for management,
- Interacts with the laboratory, sales team, and management to escalate client dissatisfaction or requests and expedite resolutions for workflow issues.
- May monitor incoming/outgoing consultation cases by coordinating and tracking the transportation of slides and/or blocks.
- May conduct client surveys, analyze results, and provide recommendations to improve quality, efficiency, and client satisfaction.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality.
- Complies with all State, Federal, professional regulations as well as company and departmental rules, polices, and procedural manuals.
- Adherence to CAP, CLIA, State Regulations, HIPAA, Safety and OSHA Regulations.
All you need is:
- High School Diploma or GED or equivalent work experience.
Bonus points if you've got:
- one (1) year customer/client/patient experience.
Sonic Anatomic Pathology
We'll give you:
- Appreciation for your work
- A feeling of satisfaction that you've helped people
- Opportunity to grow in your profession
- Free lab services for you and your dependents
- Work-life balance, including Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Competitive benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Help saving for retirement, with a 401(k) plus a company match
- A sense of belonging - we're a community!
We also want you to know:
This role will have routine access to Protected Health Information (PHI). Employees will be trained on reasonable safeguards and are expected to maintain strict confidentiality, as well as abide by all applicable privacy and security standards. Employees are expected only to access PHI when it is required to fulfill job duties.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Biopsy Diagnostics LLC
Sonic Healthcare USA is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to an inclusive workplace for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.