Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Audiology - Peds Hearing Aids
Supports patient care while recognizing situations in which support is needed with minimal guidance. Maintains and prepares supplies and equipment, materials and/or information development. Identifies needs and develops strategies to meet needs in the areas of environment of care, safety, quality improvements, communication, and innovation to support patient and staff needs and satisfaction.
- Assist audiologists with Visual Reinforcement Audiometry and Conditioned Play Audiometry
- Assist audiologists with hearing aid fitting appointments
- Clean hearing aids.
- Make sure patient rooms are clean and stocked before patient arrival.
- Oversee the bone anchored implant orders and arrivals.
- Draft letters of medical necessity and forward to appropriate physicians for signature
- Keep Excel spreadsheets updated
- Monitor patient schedules for upcoming appointments where special steps are needed for appointment authorization
- Manage a 'Move Up List' containing MRN from audiologists who have a patient that needs to be seen sooner
- Monitor for openings in the schedule
- Make phone calls to families when asked
- Schedule observations with providers
- Make/Stock APD Evaluation packets
- Assist with Mama Lere hearing school when needed
- Open and close booths for the day
- Biologic checks/listening checks
- Clean equipment
- Export hearing aid programming files (Noah files) through TIMS
- Fax documents for audiologists upon request
- Complete hearing aid loss & damage/loss claim forms
- Monitor pool message basket by answering communications and documenting in Vanderbilt medical record
- Complete tasks to help in the clinic
Allied health is among the fastest growing occupations in healthcare today. This area can be defined as credentialed professionals who perform supportive, diagnostic, and therapeutic health care services to promote health and prevent disease in a variety of settings.
These areas are crucial to Vanderbilt Health's reputation for excellence in these areas that has made us a major center for patient referrals from throughout the Mid-South.
Each year, people throughout Tennessee and the southeast choose Vanderbilt Health for their health care because of our leadership in medical science and our dedication to treating patients with dignity and compassion.
* Organizational Impact: Performs non-routine tasks that significantly impact team's performance with minimal guidance. * Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Conducts research and analysis to solve some non-routine problems.* Breadth of Knowledge: Applies broad job knowledge and has basic job skills in other areas.* Team Interaction: Provides informal guidance and support to less experienced team members.
Core Capabilities :
Supporting Colleagues: - Develops Self and Others: Continuously improves own skills by identifying development opportunities.- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Seeks to understand colleagues' priorities, working styles and develops relationships across areas. - Communicates Effectively: Openly shares information with others and communicates in a clear and courteous manner. Delivering Excellent Services: - Serves Others with Compassion: Invests time to understand the problems, needs of others and how to provide excellent service. - Solves Complex Problems: Seeks to understand issues, solves routine problems, and raises proper concerns in a timely manner. - Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Listens carefully to understand the issues and provides accurate information and support. Ensuring High Quality: - Performs Excellent Work: Checks work quality before delivery and asks relevant questions to meet quality standards.- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Shows eagerness to learn new knowledge, technologies, tools or systems and displays willingness to go above and beyond.- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Demonstrates basic knowledge of conditions that affect safety and reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate person or department. Managing Resources Effectively:- Demonstrates Accountability: Takes responsibility for completing assigned activities and thinks beyond standard approaches to provide high-quality work/service. - Stewards Organizational Resources: Displays understanding of how personal actions will impact departmental resources. - Makes Data Driven Decisions: Uses accurate information and good decision making to consistently achieve results on time and without error. Fostering Innovation: - Generates New Ideas: Willingly proposes/accepts ideas or initiatives that will impact day-to-day operations by offering suggestions to enhance them. - Applies Technology: Absorbs new technology quickly; understands when to utilize the appropriate tools and procedures to ensure proper course of action. - Adapts to Change: Embraces changes by keeping an open mind to changing plans and incorporates change instructions into own area of work.
Relevant Work Experience
Experience Level :
High School Diploma or GED
For a copy of the physical requirements of this position to determine if you can perform the duties with or without an accommodation or to request an accommodation, please contact VUMC Employee Relations at 615-343-4759 or email@example.com.