Location: Nashville, Tennessee
MCJCHV Rx Clinic Services
Performs tasks within the pharmacy in direct support of the ongoing duties and responsibilities of a pharmacist with occasional guidance. Tasks performed contribute directly to the preparation and/or dispensing of a final dosage form for administration to a patient and are directly supervised by a pharmacist. Provides customer service by answering phone requests and triaging calls to the appropriate person if they cannot answer the requested information. Applies departmental processes regarding inventory control.
* Assists the pharmacist in the preparation, dispensing and/or distribution of medications.
* Applies departmental processes regarding inventory control.
* Performs activities as directed by Pharmacists &/or Pharmacy Managers in accordance with federal, state and local laws/regulations and hospital policies.
* Delivers outstanding customer service to both internal and external customers.
* Operates computer systems and utilizes technology.
* The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
* Drug Inventory & Records Management (Novice): Possesses fundamental proficiency working with drug inventory and records management. Demonstrates ability to maintain appropriate inventory levels of medications. Able to collect, organize and/or maintain evaluations of pharmacy or patient related information.
* Pharmaceutical Quality Assurance & Compliance (Novice): Demonstrates working knowledge of the appropriate rules and regulations as they apply to the department and work areas. Maintains current understanding of rules and regulations and facilitates processes that support the application of various rules and regulations. Demonstrates knowledge of process improvement, quality assurance and/or programs. Understands the principles upon which the rules and regulations are based. Demonstrates a commitment to continuous quality improvement and supports compliance with a federal, state and local regulations as well as organizational policies and procedures.
* Pharmaceutical Drug Preparation, Dispensing & Distribution (Novice): Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully review, prepare, dispense and distribute prescribed medications. Where applicable, this includes being proficient in the general principles and techniques of asepsis utilized to compound sterile preparations (CSPs) to minimize the risk of contamination.
* Pharmaceutical Computer Literacy (Fundamental Awareness): Has demonstrated a basic understanding of computers or has successfully completed training for applications that are used to support medication use processes.
Allied health is among the fastest growing occupations in healthcare today. This area can be defined as credentialed professionals who perform supportive, diagnostic, and therapeutic health care services to promote health and prevent disease in a variety of settings.
These areas are crucial to Vanderbilt Health's reputation for excellence in these areas that has made us a major center for patient referrals from throughout the Mid-South.
Each year, people throughout Tennessee and the southeast choose Vanderbilt Health for their health care because of our leadership in medical science and our dedication to treating patients with dignity and compassion.
* Organizational Impact: Performs tasks that are typically routine that may impact team's performance with occasional guidance. * Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Utilizes some discretion and research to solve routine problems. * Breadth of Knowledge: Applies knowledge of standards, established processes and procedure that apply to your own job. * Team Interaction: Provides guidance to entry level co-workers.
Core Capabilities :
Supporting Colleagues : Develops Self and Others: Continuously improves own skills by identifying development opportunities.- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Seeks to understand colleagues' priorities, working styles and develops relationships across areas.- Communicates Effectively: Openly shares information with others and communicates in a clear and courteous manner. Delivering Excellent Services: - Serves Others with Compassion: Invests time to understand the problems, needs of others and how to provide excellent service.- Solves Complex Problems: Seeks to understand issues, solves routine problems, and raises proper concerns in a timely manner. - Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Listens carefully to understand the issues and provides accurate information and support. Ensuring High Quality: - Performs Excellent Work: Checks work quality before delivery and asks relevant questions to meet quality standards. - Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Demonstrates basic knowledge of conditions that affect safety and reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate person or department. Managing Resources Effectively : - Demonstrates Accountability: Takes responsibility for completing assigned activities and thinks beyond standard approaches to provide high-quality work/service. - Stewards Organizational Resources: Displays understanding of how personal actions will impact departmental resources. - Makes Data Driven Decisions: Uses accurate information and good decision making to consistently achieve results on time and without error. Fostering Innovation : - Generates New Ideas: Willingly proposes/accepts ideas or initiatives that will impact day-to-day operations by offering suggestions to enhance them. - Applies Technology: Absorbs new technology quickly; understands when to utilize the appropriate tools and procedures to ensure proper course of action. - Adapts to Change: Embraces changes by keeping an open mind to changing plans and incorporates change instructions into own area of work.
LIC-Pharmacy Technician - Tennessee
Relevant Work Experience
Experience Level :
Less than 1 year
Graduate of an approved discipline specific program
For a copy of the physical requirements of this position to determine if you can perform the duties with or without an accommodation or to request an accommodation, please contact VUMC Employee Relations at 615-343-4759 or firstname.lastname@example.org.