Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Is responsible for providing quality computerized axial tomography procedure, treatments, and diagnostic evaluations on patients in all age groups from neonate through geriatric, under the direction of the radiologists. Is expected to abide by established hospital and department policies and procedures with minimal supervision. Collaborates with other professionals in and out of the Hospital to ensure effective, efficient patient care delivery and achievement of desired outcomes.
This is a full-time, night shift position.
* Reviews radiology exam requests and patient identification to ensure safe, appropriate and cost effective imaging.
* Applies broad range of skills to ensure exam is completed timely and meets quality and compliance standards.
* Provides appropriate CT screening process to patients, staff and self according to prescribed safety standards.
* The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
* Anatomy & Physiology Knowledge (Fundamental Awareness): Has limited experience, training, direct exposure, or past experience working with anatomy and physiology knowledge.
* Radiology (Fundamental Awareness): Has limited experience, training, direct exposure, or past experience working with radiology. (Demonstrates sufficient fundamental proficiency to perform limited radiology and/or limited sonography services as directed by licensed healthcare team member)
* Patient Documentation (Fundamental Awareness): Has limited experience, training, direct exposure, or past experience working with patient documentation.
* Compliance (Fundamental Awareness): Demonstrates and basic knowledge of the core rules, regulations, instructions and guidelines as they apply to assignments. Knows who to go to for further explanation and support. Understands which bodies regulate the industry.
Allied health is among the fastest growing occupations in healthcare today. This area can be defined as credentialed professionals who perform supportive, diagnostic, and therapeutic health care services to promote health and prevent disease in a variety of settings.
These areas are crucial to Vanderbilt Health's reputation for excellence in these areas that has made us a major center for patient referrals from throughout the Mid-South.
Each year, people throughout Tennessee and the southeast choose Vanderbilt Health for their health care because of our leadership in medical science and our dedication to treating patients with dignity and compassion.
Organizational Impact: Delivers job responsibilities that impact own job area/team with some guidance. Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Uses existing procedures, research and analysis to solve standard job related problems that may require some judgement. Breadth of Knowledge: Requires subject matter knowledge within a professional area to meet job requirements. Team Interaction: Individually contributes to project/ work teams.
Core Capabilities :
Supporting Colleagues: - Develops Self and Others: Continuously improves own skills by identifying development opportunities.- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Seeks to understand colleagues priorities, working styles and develops relationships across areas. - Communicates Effectively: Openly shares information with others and communicates in a clear and courteous manner. Delivering Excellent Services: - Serves Others with Compassion: Invests time to understand the problems, needs of others and how to provide excellent service. - Solves Complex Problems: Seeks to understand issues, solves routine problems, and raises proper concerns to supervisors in a timely manner. - Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Listens carefully to understand the issues and provides accurate information and support. Ensuring High Quality: - Performs Excellent Work: Checks work quality before delivery and asks relevant questions to meet quality standards.- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Shows eagerness to learn new knowledge, technologies, tools or systems and displays willingness to go above and beyond. - Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Demonstrates basic knowledge of conditions that affect safety and reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate person or department. Managing Resources Effectively :- Demonstrates Accountability: Takes responsibility for completing assigned activities and thinks beyond standard approaches to provide high-quality work/service. - Stewards Organizational Resources: Displays understanding of how personal actions will impact departmental resources. - Makes Data Driven Decisions: Uses accurate information and good decision making to consistently achieve results on time and without error. Fostering Innovation: - Generates New Ideas: Willingly proposes/accepts ideas or initiatives that will impact day-to-day operations by offering suggestions to enhance them.- Applies Technology: Absorbs new technology quickly; understands when to utilize the appropriate tools and procedures to ensure proper course of action. - Adapts to Change: Embraces changes by keeping an open mind to changing plans and incorporates change instructions into own area of work.
LIC-American Registry of Radiologic Technologists - Licensure-Others
Relevant Work Experience
Experience Level :
Less than 1 year
Graduate of an approved discipline specific program
For a copy of the physical requirements of this position to determine if you can perform the duties with or without an accommodation or to request an accommodation, please contact VUMC Employee Relations at 615-343-4759 or firstname.lastname@example.org.