Location: Miami Lakes, Florida
Internal Number: REQ-019594
Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position Qualifications:
Quality is in our DNA -- is it in yours?
New graduate - looking to put your science courses to work?
Looking for a career in healthcare? Want to be part of the team that assists in finding the diagnosis for patients?
We are actively searching for those interested. We provide laboratory support to pathologists by grossing specimens.
Location: Miami Lakes, FL
Days: Monday - Friday
Hours: 4:00 PM - 12:30 AM (Flexible)
Full-time: Benefit Eligible
In this role, you will be responsible for:
The process of grossing includes: inspecting biological specimens, describing and measuring, inking and sectioning the anatomic and dermatological specimens for further processing to aid in diagnosis.
Work in a fast-paced laboratory environment with biological and chemical hazards.
All you need is:
Have earned an associate degree in a laboratory science, or medical laboratory technology from an accredited institution or--
At least 60 semester hours, or equivalent, from an accredited institution that, at a minimum, include either-- 24 semester hours of medical laboratory technology courses; or 24 semester hours of science courses that include--
6 semester hours of chemistry; 6 semester hours of biology; and 12 semester hours of chemistry, biology, or medical laboratory technology in any combination
- Bachelor of Science degree in Medical Technology; or Bachelor of Science in Chemical, Biological, or Physical Science
- Entry level laboratory technician
- Recent graduate students are encouraged to apply
- Strong reading, writing, and analytical skills
- Ability to operate general laboratory equipment, including but not limited to: telephones, computers, automated analyzers, centrifuges, microscopes, manual and automated pipettes, and audible alarms
We'll give you:
- Appreciation for your work
- A feeling of satisfaction that you've helped people
- Opportunity to grow in your profession
- Free lab services for you and your dependents
- Work-life balance, including Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Competitive benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Help saving for retirement, with a 401(k) plus a company match
- A sense of belonging - we're a community!
We also want you to know:
This role will have routine access to Protected Health Information (PHI). Employees will be trained on reasonable safeguards and are expected to maintain strict confidentiality, as well as abide by all applicable privacy and security standards. Employees are expected only to access PHI when it is required to fulfill job duties.
Sonic Anatomic Pathology
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Mark & Kambour LLC
Sonic Healthcare USA is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to an inclusive workplace for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.