Location: Miami, Florida
Assists in examinations and treatment of patient's care under the direction of the physician and/or clinician. Supports patient care management by performing various administrative functions.
Job Specific Duties
- Answers telephones, routes calls, takes, and relays accurate phone messages.
- If applicable, prepares and administers medications/immunizations to patients as directed by provider.
- Communicates all significant changes in patient conditions or behavior to clinicians and physicians.
- Ensures all medical record/patient charts contains necessary documentation for medical appointments. Completes charting, collects, and distributes medical record documents related to patient.
- Gathers data for general information, special reports, contacting other employees, departments, agencies, and individuals for additional material. May prepare reports for provider approval.
- Maintains/prepares billing charge and reconciliation, assist in completing claims forms, and answers patient questions in reference to payment status.
- Runs reports for credit cards, super bills, and etc. Prepares final bookkeeping of assigned cash drawer and prepares and makes timely deposits.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area and patient rooms.
- Operates and maintains equipment in proper working condition/order. Ensures medical supplies and inventory are maintained.
- Performs and documents vital signs and measurements. Provides and documents patient and family education.
- Assists physician with simple procedures and patient transport. Collects specimens and distributes to laboratory for results.
- Prepares for patient visits by preparing /pulling charts, printing super bills, and informing physician and other clinical staff of changes in schedule.
- Schedules appointments, diagnostic, therapeutic, verifies medical appointments, obtains and/or verify authorizations.
- Processes medical documentation for office visit and follow-up with patient when required.
- Serves as receptionist, conducts patient check-in, registration, collects fee for service/co-payments, and verifies referrals, insurance data, patient’s address & other pertinent information.
- Tracks all samples per policy before providing to patients to ensure proper coordination with physician orders or requests.
- Enters electronic order for lab, x-ray and medication/prescriptions for provider review and approval in electronic medical record.
- Process refills as directed by provider and written protocols.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Medical Assistant Certification or Diploma/Certificate of completion from an accredited Medical Assistant program (OR) Prior Medical Assistant experience in a physician practice with the ability to produce a Medical Assistant Certification within 6 months of hire (OR) Prior Medical Assistant experience in a physician practice and enrolled in a Medical Assistant training program with the ability to produce a Diploma/Certificate from an accredited Medical Assistant program within 6 months of hire
- American Heart Association BLS - maintain active and in good standing throughout employment
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High School education or equivalent preferred.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Basic computer and math skills.
- Excellent patient management, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
- 2-4 Years physician office experience preferred.
- 2-4 years of coordinating clinical care for patients preferred.
Nursing- Support (Clinical)
Primary Location :
Florida-Miami-Galloway/South Dade - SFL Peds
SFL PEDIATRICS-SOUTH DADE-3100-461014
:Part Time with Benefits