All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
- Benefits from Day One
- Paid Days Off from Day One
- Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Our promise to you: oining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: M-F 6am-3pm for the first 90 day training. Training can go longer based on performance. After training is complete, other schedules may be available.
Shift: Day shift
The community you’ll be caring for:
The role you’ll contribute: Surgical technologists are an integral part of the team of medical practitioners providing surgical care to patients. Surgical technologists work under the supervision and delegatory authority of an RN and / or surgeon to facilitate the safe and effective conduct of invasive and non-invasive surgical procedures, ensuring that the operating room environment is safe, that equipment functions properly, and that the operative procedure is conducted under conditions that maximize patient safety. Surgical technologists are experts in the theory and application of the principles of asepsis and sterile technique to combine the knowledge of human anatomy, surgical procedures, and implementation and tools and technologies to facilitate a physician’s performance of invasive therapeutic and diagnostic procedures. Adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Procedures and Responsibilities include: TCAR, TVAR, Fem-pop, Aortabifem, fistulas, Dialysis catheters, carotid and femoral endarterectomy, and thrombectomies.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
- The surgical technologist handles the instruments, supplies, and equipment necessary during the surgical procedure. Demonstrates an understanding of the procedure being performed and anticipates the needs of the surgeon. Has the necessary knowledge and ability to ensure quality patient care during the operative procedure and is constantly on vigil for maintenance of the sterile field.
- Preoperatively the surgical technologist gathers, checks and opens supplies and equipment needed for the surgical procedure. Anticipates additional instrumentation, equipment and supplies for usage during the procedure and ensures all items are functional and readily available.
- Maintains strict aseptic technique and monitors all team members at the field and all activities to ensure no breaks in technique. This includes performance of the surgical hand scrub, donning gown and gloves, setting up of the sterile field, and draping for the procedure. Follows CDC isolation guidelines, appropriately uses PPE, and performs hand washing according to policy.
- Performs instrument, sharps and sponge counts with the circulator as per policy.
- Participates in the surgical site and patient verification during the time out procedure. Speaks up if there are any discrepancies or concerns for the patient.