Location: Orlando, Florida
The Radiology Supervisor will oversee clinical operations in the radiology department at NCH. The Radiology Supervisor will be responsible for hiring, technologist evaluations, disciplinary actions, and feedback. The Radiology Supervisor will ensure that all Joint Commission standards and state regulatory requirements are up to date and will oversee all physicist testing and/or and compliance. This position will report to the Radiology Manager.
The Radiology Supervisor will participate in departmental and hospital programs for Quality Assessment and Improvement, identifying opportunities to improve services, making recommendations and implementing actions as appropriate and consistent with the goals of the Nemours Foundation. The Radiology Supervisor will be responsible for participating in regular Radiology Administrator on Call duties.
- Additional miscellaneous duties and responsibilities, may be assigned from time to time by employee's manager.
- Participates in departmental and hospital programs for Quality Assessment and Improvement, identifying opportunities to improve services, making recommendations and implementing actions as appropriate and consistent with the goals of the Nemours Foundation.
- Responsible for AIDET interactions and provides accurate preparation instructions to patient/family with the ability to answer pertinent procedural questions. Responsible for coordinating and resolving medical imaging patient issues including scheduling issues.
- Knowledge of Radiology protocols, and a working knowledge of all Radiology equipment. Demonstrates knowledge of routine and specialized diagnostic radiologic imaging protocols. Responsible for patient identification, proper identification of all images, PACS interaction and documentation. Operates hospital computer system for patient data entry and retrieval. Actively participates in upgrades in processes to develop as a leader and instructor.
- Responsible for Staffing, Schedules and facilitates staff meetings.
- Develops training orientation guidelines and checklists. Oversees the performance of the technologists assigned. Provides feedback and insight for annual evaluations.
- Evaluates all staff technologist's images for technical quality. Performs Quality Assessment, provides feedback and education for improvement. Conducts annual evaluation/performance appraisals of staff and makes recommendations for merit raises.
- Ensures proper function of equipment by proper usage and maintenance. Reports unsafe conditions and incidents.
- Regular attendance is required. Must be able to work a flexible schedule, must have reliable transportation and must be able to work on an on - call basis.
- Good Communication skills are required. In addition to accepting feedback, asking questions and active communication with counterparts and all departments. Must have the ability to work well with others, acts as a team member. Ability to work independently and engage in critical thinking to improve the quality of care.
- Associate degree required
- ARRT Registry or ARDMS Registry required
- An American Heart Association BLS required
- Minimum of 3 years experience required