Location: Valhalla, New York
As the Quality Manager, you will play a critical role in supporting and engaging physicians, nurses, and other multidisciplinary team members within the department of Obstetrics and Gynecology to collect data and to implement quality improvement projects to improve maternal outcomes including, but not limited to: decreased rates of cesarean section, post-partum hemorrhage and maternal sepsis. Under the direction of the Medical Director of Quality and Safety and in collaboration with the Chief of Maternal Fetal Medicine and the Chief of the Division of General Ob/Gyn, you will be the primary point of contact with relation to consistent data collection, education, and project support.
Data Management and Quality Assurance
- Develop a database to collect clinical information on all obstetrical cases at WMC.
- In collaboration with the Medical Director of Quality and Safety and the Chief of Maternal Fetal Medicine abstract data to create a dashboard for the most important outcomes (ex: c-section rate, pre-term deliveries, etc.)
- Assist in the distribution of this data to relevant parties.
- In collaboration with other leaders within the Divisions of General Ob/Gyn and Maternal Fetal Medicine, develop projects to improve patient outcomes.
- Collaborate with the Department of Quality of the Westchester Medical Center to discuss and monitor critical outcomes
- Develop process maps, fishbone analyses, SWOT analyses and other tools for performance improvement as related to specific projects.
- Help implement and guide quality improvement projects through PDSA modeling.
- Assist in analysis of QI projects using PDSA models.
- Minimum of three years' experience with direct patient care in a maternity setting or strong knowledge of quality improvement in a maternity setting, required
- Demonstrated experience related to improving care processes and patient outcomes.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (e.g. Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access), Google Suites (e.g. Docs, Sheets, Drive), DropBox, and Zoom.
- Direct patient care experience in Labor and Delivery is highly desirable.
- Prior demonstrated quality improvement experience related to improving care processes and patient outcomes in maternity care.
- Experience with data collection in quality improvement or clinical research.
- Prior Collaborative Quality Improvement (CQI) project experience.
Bachelor's degree in Nursing, Public Health, or other health related discipline, required. Master's degree in a health care or quality field, preferred.
Licenses / Certifications:
Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (e.g. Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access), Google Suites (e.g. Docs, Sheets, Drive), DropBox, and Zoom.Special Requirements: Must be able to multitask in a fast paced office and clinic environment. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral) and the ability to successfully work with multidisciplinary teams. Must be able to establish and maintain effective interpersonal relationships with patients, co-workers, supervisors, physicians and the general public. Strong teamwork vision with the ability to inspire colleagues, while leading by example.
NorthEast Provider Solutions Inc.