Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Patient & Guest Services 10
Serves as a resource for families, visitors and staff. Determine guest's needs and seeks resolution in order to provide outstanding guest service for Vanderbilt University Medical Center.
* Assists or provide patients/visitors with information, resources, and directions.
* Facilitates communication between patients, visitors, physicians, and other staff.
* Contributes to the organization by actively participating in process improvement initiatives and shared decision making.
* The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
* Employee/Visitor Confidentiality (Novice): Demonstrates sufficient knowledge of the subject to successfully demonstrate protection of patient privacy and confidentiality. Has working knowledge of practicing protection of patient information through communication, patient documents and electronically.
* Corporate Hospitality (Novice): Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency in demonstrating corporate hospitality and professionalism within the position. Demonstrates attentiveness and approachability to patient/guest questions and needs. Demonstrated professionalism in being knowledgeable of products and services. Understands position as a professional source for information and services. Takes ownership in safety, appearance and functionality of immediate area.
* Customer Communication (Novice): Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency in demonstrating customer service communication skills such as smiling, greeting, tone of voice, eye contact and body language. Practices excellent communication skills with patients/guests such as listening acknowledgement, empathy and solution-based thinking.
Allied health is among the fastest growing occupations in healthcare today. This area can be defined as credentialed professionals who perform supportive, diagnostic, and therapeutic health care services to promote health and prevent disease in a variety of settings.
These areas are crucial to Vanderbilt Health's reputation for excellence in these areas that has made us a major center for patient referrals from throughout the Mid-South.
Each year, people throughout Tennessee and the southeast choose Vanderbilt Health for their health care because of our leadership in medical science and our dedication to treating patients with dignity and compassion.
* Organizational Impact: Performs tasks that are typically routine that may impact team's performance with occasional guidance. * Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Utilizes some discretion and research to solve routine problems. * Breadth of Knowledge: Applies knowledge of standards, established processes and procedure that apply to your own job. * Team Interaction: Provides guidance to entry level co-workers.
Core Capabilities :
Supporting Colleagues : Develops Self and Others: Continuously improves own skills by identifying development opportunities.- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Seeks to understand colleagues' priorities, working styles and develops relationships across areas.- Communicates Effectively: Openly shares information with others and communicates in a clear and courteous manner. Delivering Excellent Services: - Serves Others with Compassion: Invests time to understand the problems, needs of others and how to provide excellent service.- Solves Complex Problems: Seeks to understand issues, solves routine problems, and raises proper concerns in a timely manner. - Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Listens carefully to understand the issues and provides accurate information and support. Ensuring High Quality: - Performs Excellent Work: Checks work quality before delivery and asks relevant questions to meet quality standards. - Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Demonstrates basic knowledge of conditions that affect safety and reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate person or department. Managing Resources Effectively : - Demonstrates Accountability: Takes responsibility for completing assigned activities and thinks beyond standard approaches to provide high-quality work/service. - Stewards Organizational Resources: Displays understanding of how personal actions will impact departmental resources. - Makes Data Driven Decisions: Uses accurate information and good decision making to consistently achieve results on time and without error. Fostering Innovation : - Generates New Ideas: Willingly proposes/accepts ideas or initiatives that will impact day-to-day operations by offering suggestions to enhance them. - Applies Technology: Absorbs new technology quickly; understands when to utilize the appropriate tools and procedures to ensure proper course of action. - Adapts to Change: Embraces changes by keeping an open mind to changing plans and incorporates change instructions into own area of work.
Relevant Work Experience
Experience Level :
High School Diploma or GED
For a copy of the physical requirements of this position to determine if you can perform the duties with or without an accommodation or to request an accommodation, please contact VUMC Employee Relations at 615-343-4759 or email@example.com.