Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Pharmacy OP Manager
Leads a team of staff members as a working supervisor and actively participates in overall management of the department, with focus on assigned clinical area. Leads development of clinical practice standards and protocols, and provision of patient-focused delivery of care and services with accountabilities for implementation and outcomes for people leadership, quality, service, compliance, finance, throughput and scheduling. Ensure the department's optimal performance within their assigned clinical area and team of direct reports by engaging in effective problem solving within clinical area and other departments as appropriate, assuring performance standards for patient care are met, and developing/leading the assigned team. Provides feedback and coaching to staff members, recognizing them for their contributions while fostering a high-performance culture. Remains in clinical practice with a portion of time dedicated to leadership activities.
* Supervises day to day performance of staff through ongoing assessment and coaching to achieve goals.
* Completes formal evaluation of direct reports.
* Supports leadership team in development of staff members by providing substantive feedback.
* Demonstrates clinical/technical knowledge needed to coach staff on day-to-day activities.
* Implements pharmacy specific policies and practice guidelines in accordance with VUMC policy and regulatory standards using standardized tools and instruments.
* Engages with other departments and vendors as appropriate
* Leads development and maintenance of clinical programs in assigned area
* The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
* Quality Management (Novice): Has provided continuous analysis and evaluation of assignment work processes, constantly striving for improvement in the way tasks and activities are accomplished by questioning their value to the process and contributing creative solutions. Has participated in the process of establishing, communicating and monitoring standards for quality and excellence. Demonstrates the ability to actually work on and improve a current business process, product or service.
* Business Results (Fundamental Awareness): Implements appropriate measures for attaining business results and tracks progress in meeting goals and objectives. Demonstrates the ability to deliver products and services on time, within budget, and in accordance with organizational standards and goals. Continuously demonstrates a strong focus on quality. Responds effectively to customer or client needs. Recognizes incipient problems and communicates them to management.
* Operations Planning (Novice): Demonstrates ability to realistically anticipate resource needs, identify discrete tasks, set priorities, define dependencies, schedule activities, meet deadlines, and organize work within areas of direct responsibility. Appropriately matches equipment and capital resources to task demands. Achieves results within budget. Competently handles multiple assignments simultaneously. Reshapes project during life-cycle evolution, if needed. Demonstrates ability to break down work into manageable and measurable units. Accepts changes to assignments with minimal disruption and loss of productivity. Able to absorb changes to major assignments while maintaining a high level of performance. Uses available time efficiently. Follows up to assure problems and issues are resolved.
* People Management (Novice): Conducts performance reviews. Effectively delegates tasks to others. Coaches subordinates on technical and interpersonal topics, as well as professional development. Demonstrates team building techniques and provides leadership through personal example of good work habits, open communication and effective people relationships. Involves subordinates in decisions which affect them. Demonstrates self-reliance and resourcefulness as an example to others.
* Compliance (Novice): Can explain and apply basic statutory instructions in normal situations on the job. Understands the principles upon which the rules and regulations are based. Appropriately escalates problems relating to rules and regulations in timely and effective manner.
* Leadership (Novice): Sets the example in challenging and difficult situations. Can demonstrate different leadership styles, such as supportive and authoritative, as individuals and situations require it. Communicates team and unit goals clearly and effectively. Is receptive to ideas and suggestions from team members. Shows leadership and initiative in situations where supervision is not present or required.
Allied health is among the fastest growing occupations in healthcare today. This area can be defined as credentialed professionals who perform supportive, diagnostic, and therapeutic health care services to promote health and prevent disease in a variety of settings.
These areas are crucial to Vanderbilt Health's reputation for excellence in these areas that has made us a major center for patient referrals from throughout the Mid-South.
Each year, people throughout Tennessee and the southeast choose Vanderbilt Health for their health care because of our leadership in medical science and our dedication to treating patients with dignity and compassion.
* Organizational Impact: Plans and sets day-to-day objectives for the team that have a direct effect on the results of the department or area that the job is in. * Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Resolves technical and operational problems within provided guideline. * Breadth of Knowledge: Applies advanced subject matter knowledge within a specific technical area and basic management knowledge to support the team. * Team Interaction: Leads/supervises a unit within a department or a small department. Typically without budget or hire/fire authority. Role is typically a 'working' supervisor.
Core Capabilities :
Supporting Colleagues: - Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy, and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance e and gain knowledge in new areas. - Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships. - Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations and audiences.Delivering Excellent Services: - Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them. - Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions. - Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees' effectiveness.Ensuring High Quality: - Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly. - Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them. - Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring. Managing Resources Effectively: - Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure. - Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area. - Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities. Fostering Innovation: - Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches. - Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges. - Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.
LIC-Pharmacist License - Tennessee
Relevant Work Experience
Experience Level :
For a copy of the physical requirements of this position to determine if you can perform the duties with or without an accommodation or to request an accommodation, please contact VUMC Employee Relations at 615-343-4759 or firstname.lastname@example.org.