Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Laboratory - Clinical
Should have a working understanding of medical technology and the ability to recognize problems. Good communication skills. Works well under high stress. Patient care provider will possess knowledge, training, experience, and be competent in the following specific to the age of patients served; the ability to obtain and interpret information; a knowledge of growth and development; and an understanding of the range of treatments needed by these patients. The patients served include all age groups as follows: neonates, pediatrics, adolescents, adults, and geriatrics.
* Processing and testing in one or more departments during a shift
* Mastery and practice of laboratory policy and procedure
* Intimate knowledge of testing methods theory and instruments and tools used for diagnostic utility
* Quality Assurance, Kit Validation, Instrument Maintenance, Proficiency Testing, Environmental Monitoring, Reagent Preparation, Diagnostic Reporting and Alarm
* Incident reporting and documentation
* Professional and medical ethics, confidentiality police, PHI and patient privacy guardian
* Specimen collection specialist
* High complexity specialty management
* Assisting Technologists and Administrative Laboratory Director as needed and where appropriate
* Diagnostic Testing (Fundamental Awareness): Demonstrates proficiency of diagnostic testing in practical applications. Possesses sufficient knowledge, training, and experience to be capable of successfully delivering results.
* Equipment Maintenance (Fundamental Awareness): Has limited experience, training, direct exposure, or past experience conducting maintenance activities in area of assignments.
* Quality Assurance (Fundamental Awareness): Understands the goal of increasing organizational productivity and individual performance by making the products and services within your work assignments more efficient and more effective. Demonstrates quality management practices on the job which result in superior products and services delivered.
* Data Analysis (Fundamental Awareness): Has some training, exposure, or limited experience in data analysis. Assumes responsibility for routine and entry-level client analytical work. Knowledge of various reporting analytic tools, such as ACL, SQL, SAS, etc.
Allied health is among the fastest growing occupations in healthcare today. This area can be defined as credentialed professionals who perform supportive, diagnostic, and therapeutic health care services to promote health and prevent disease in a variety of settings.
These areas are crucial to Vanderbilt Health's reputation for excellence in these areas that has made us a major center for patient referrals from throughout the Mid-South.
Each year, people throughout Tennessee and the southeast choose Vanderbilt Health for their health care because of our leadership in medical science and our dedication to treating patients with dignity and compassion.
* Organizational Impact: Performs tasks that are typically routine that may impact team's performance with occasional guidance. * Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Utilizes some discretion and research to solve routine problems. * Breadth of Knowledge: Applies knowledge of standards, established processes and procedure that apply to your own job. * Team Interaction: Provides guidance to entry level co-workers.
Core Capabilities :
Supporting Colleagues : Develops Self and Others: Continuously improves own skills by identifying development opportunities.- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Seeks to understand colleagues' priorities, working styles and develops relationships across areas.- Communicates Effectively: Openly shares information with others and communicates in a clear and courteous manner. Delivering Excellent Services: - Serves Others with Compassion: Invests time to understand the problems, needs of others and how to provide excellent service.- Solves Complex Problems: Seeks to understand issues, solves routine problems, and raises proper concerns in a timely manner. - Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Listens carefully to understand the issues and provides accurate information and support. Ensuring High Quality: - Performs Excellent Work: Checks work quality before delivery and asks relevant questions to meet quality standards. - Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Demonstrates basic knowledge of conditions that affect safety and reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate person or department. Managing Resources Effectively : - Demonstrates Accountability: Takes responsibility for completing assigned activities and thinks beyond standard approaches to provide high-quality work/service. - Stewards Organizational Resources: Displays understanding of how personal actions will impact departmental resources. - Makes Data Driven Decisions: Uses accurate information and good decision making to consistently achieve results on time and without error. Fostering Innovation : - Generates New Ideas: Willingly proposes/accepts ideas or initiatives that will impact day-to-day operations by offering suggestions to enhance them. - Applies Technology: Absorbs new technology quickly; understands when to utilize the appropriate tools and procedures to ensure proper course of action. - Adapts to Change: Embraces changes by keeping an open mind to changing plans and incorporates change instructions into own area of work.
LIC-Medical Technologist - Licensure-Others
Relevant Work Experience
Experience Level :
Less than 1 year
Graduate of an approved discipline specific program
For a copy of the physical requirements of this position to determine if you can perform the duties with or without an accommodation or to request an accommodation, please contact VUMC Employee Relations at 615-343-4759 or firstname.lastname@example.org.