Location: Nashville, Tennessee
VHVI Non-Inv Diag Vascular
Perform vascular diagnostic ultrasound testing of extracranial, peripheral and visceral vascular systems. Collect data and provide documentation of test results for reading physicians.
* Reviews medical record, obtain history and perform physical exam pertinent to vascular disease. Review physician order and obtain clarification as needed.
* Performs duplex / Doppler exams per policy and procedure. Obtain assistance from supervisor or physician as needed.
* Provides preliminary results in electronic medical record Notify referring physician of significant abnormal findings before discharging patient from lab. Provide final report data for reading physicians.
* Maintains appropriate care of all ultrasound equipment. Obtains technical support as needed from equipment manufacturer or biomedical electronics.
* The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
* Vascular Sonography (Novice): Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate vascular sonography in practical applications of moderate difficulty. Generally works under the direction of others while accomplishing assignments.
* Diagnostic Equipment (Intermediate): Demonstrates knowledge of diagnostic equipment. Capable of successfully finding and resolving problems using diagnostic tools without requiring support and instruction from others.
* Patient Documentation (Intermediate): Demonstrates mastery of patient documentation in practical applications of a difficult nature. Possesses sufficient knowledge, training, and experience to be capable of successfully delivering patient documentation services without requiring support and instruction from others. Able to train and educate by setting the example, giving technical instruction, providing leadership, and generally raising the level of performance of others while on the job.
* Compliance (Intermediate): Demonstrates knowledge of the appropriate rules and regulations and apply them in difficult, stressful and complex situations. Able to interpret and explain rules and regulations that are ambiguous or unclear. Directs others in interpreting rules and regulations on the job and trains others in them.
Allied health is among the fastest growing occupations in healthcare today. This area can be defined as credentialed professionals who perform supportive, diagnostic, and therapeutic health care services to promote health and prevent disease in a variety of settings.
These areas are crucial to Vanderbilt Health's reputation for excellence in these areas that has made us a major center for patient referrals from throughout the Mid-South.
Each year, people throughout Tennessee and the southeast choose Vanderbilt Health for their health care because of our leadership in medical science and our dedication to treating patients with dignity and compassion.
Organizational Impact: Executes job responsibilities with the understanding of how output would affect and impact other areas related to own job area/team with occasional guidance. Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Analyzes moderately complex problems using technical experience and judgment. Breadth of Knowledge: Has expanded knowledge gained through experience within a professional area. Team Interaction: Provides informal guidance and support to team members.
Core Capabilities :
Supporting Colleagues:- Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy, and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance e and gain knowledge in new areas.- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.- Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations and audiences. Delivering Excellent Services:- Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them.- Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions.- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees' effectiveness. Ensuring High Quality: - Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly.- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them. - Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring. Managing Resources Effectively: - Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.- Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area.- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities. Fostering Innovation:- Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches.- Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges.- Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.
Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer - Certification - Others
Relevant Work Experience
Experience Level :
Graduate of an approved discipline specific program
For a copy of the physical requirements of this position to determine if you can perform the duties with or without an accommodation or to request an accommodation, please contact VUMC Employee Relations at 615-343-4759 or email@example.com.