Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Front Desk Reception
The Radiology Coordinator works with Radiologists to optimize the prioritization of throughput and to relay critical results. Coordinates communication and assists with Health IT issue resolution relative to Radiologist's work tools.
* Uploads urgent outside films into Sectra PACS, utilizing Ambra or RadiAnt in expedient manner for trauma and stroke teams requiring urgent radiologist review.
* Coordinates requests based on triage criteria for expedited radiologist interpretations from ED, inpatient floor, and clinic.
* Coordinates communications with radiologists and referring providers to relay pertinent information, especially critical results that must be communicated in a timely manner to expedite next steps in patient care.
* Manages, maintains, and updates whiteboard in EPIC with critical information to expedite patient throughput.
* Oversees Sectra PACS worklist to identify cases that have not populated appropriately and escalates to radiologists for interpretation.
* Primary contact for the billing team to work with the radiologists regarding necessary report addendums.
* Escalates and helps resolve Pegasus requests for Health IT reporting system issues in order to maintain throughput of radiologist interpretations.
* Answers phone calls for the radiologists from referring providers and directs patient flow based on triage prioritization of interpretations.
* EPIC, Sectra, Ambra, RadiAnt, and Radiant system training is required. Proficient movement through these complex, imaging Health IT systems is a requirement for this position.
- The Department of Radiology, along with the Vanderbilt University Medical Center, operates at the global crossroads of teaching, discovery, and patient care, and we are a team of people striving to make a positive impact in the world.
- Our mission is to design and apply technology that benefits patients and to cultivate leaders.
- Patient Care: We serve our patients with the best, most advanced care.
- Education: We train our students, residents and fellows to become future leaders.
- Research: We produce radical medical breakthroughs and generate imaging advancements for personalized medicine.
We understand that to meet our goals, we must make diversity and innovation top priorities. By embracing diversity and inclusion, we are able to bring together a team of leaders and trainees with varied skill sets, perspectives and experiences. A diverse team is best equipped to foster the innovation that will meet today's greatest unmet challenges in healthcare.
Shift Position: M-F 7am -430pm with flexibility
Allied health is among the fastest growing occupations in healthcare today. This area can be defined as credentialed professionals who perform supportive, diagnostic, and therapeutic health care services to promote health and prevent disease in a variety of settings.
These areas are crucial to Vanderbilt Health's reputation for excellence in these areas that has made us a major center for patient referrals from throughout the Mid-South.
Each year, people throughout Tennessee and the southeast choose Vanderbilt Health for their health care because of our leadership in medical science and our dedication to treating patients with dignity and compassion.
* Organizational Impact: Performs non-routine tasks that significantly impact team's performance with minimal guidance. * Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Conducts research and analysis to solve some non-routine problems.* Breadth of Knowledge: Applies broad job knowledge and has basic job skills in other areas.* Team Interaction: Provides informal guidance and support to less experienced team members.
Core Capabilities :
Supporting Colleagues: - Develops Self and Others: Continuously improves own skills by identifying development opportunities.- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Seeks to understand colleagues' priorities, working styles and develops relationships across areas. - Communicates Effectively: Openly shares information with others and communicates in a clear and courteous manner. Delivering Excellent Services: - Serves Others with Compassion: Invests time to understand the problems, needs of others and how to provide excellent service. - Solves Complex Problems: Seeks to understand issues, solves routine problems, and raises proper concerns in a timely manner. - Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Listens carefully to understand the issues and provides accurate information and support. Ensuring High Quality: - Performs Excellent Work: Checks work quality before delivery and asks relevant questions to meet quality standards.- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Shows eagerness to learn new knowledge, technologies, tools or systems and displays willingness to go above and beyond.- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Demonstrates basic knowledge of conditions that affect safety and reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate person or department. Managing Resources Effectively:- Demonstrates Accountability: Takes responsibility for completing assigned activities and thinks beyond standard approaches to provide high-quality work/service. - Stewards Organizational Resources: Displays understanding of how personal actions will impact departmental resources. - Makes Data Driven Decisions: Uses accurate information and good decision making to consistently achieve results on time and without error. Fostering Innovation: - Generates New Ideas: Willingly proposes/accepts ideas or initiatives that will impact day-to-day operations by offering suggestions to enhance them. - Applies Technology: Absorbs new technology quickly; understands when to utilize the appropriate tools and procedures to ensure proper course of action. - Adapts to Change: Embraces changes by keeping an open mind to changing plans and incorporates change instructions into own area of work.
Relevant Work Experience
Experience Level :
High School Diploma or GED
For a copy of the physical requirements of this position to determine if you can perform the duties with or without an accommodation or to request an accommodation, please contact VUMC Employee Relations at 615-343-4759 or firstname.lastname@example.org.